top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denied Barclays - any other unsecured cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I'm now a DCU believer. These guys approved me for a VISA CC which has no annual fee! Who likes annual fees? Finally, I can close this teaser $500 CL card that wants to continue charging me a $59 annual fee (originally Orchard and sold to CapitalOne).
    Retained Lawyer: 04/2009 Filed: 09/2009 341 Meeting: 10/2009 Discharged: 12/2009 Asset: 05/2010 made asset Closed: 07/2013 after 47 long months

Comment

Merrick Bank also gave me a Visa card. Barclays, a Mastercard. CapOne turned me down, probably because they took a loss in my CH7.

I plan to use them slow and steady, to help buy online, run my biz and rebuild a credit rating.

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post
        Ok, I'm now a DCU believer. These guys approved me for a VISA CC which has no annual fee! Who likes annual fees? Finally, I can close this teaser $500 CL card that wants to continue charging me a $59 annual fee (originally Orchard and sold to CapitalOne).
        Whoo hoo! Grats!
        BK Ch 7 Discharged 09/2009 | Anything I say can and should be used as friendly advice and sharing of experiences with an unbiased viewpoint.
        Scores: EQ 745 EX 704 TU 710 as of 08/15/2012

Comment

Barclay initially approved me 2 months post - BK for a $600 NFL rewards Visa. After stupidly doing a recon for a $1000 starting limit, they denied my initial approval. The rep stated that I was on the right track, and just needed a little more time to show good payment history on my 2 secured cards. They wouldn't say how long, but that I should have no problem in the near future. I decided to wait until March 2013 and try again. It is worthwhile to note that they use TU98 Fico model, which is quite antiquated, but my TU98 score was 600 when they approved the 600 credit limit.

GEMB has been known to reissue credit if you wait a little while - 6 months varying up to a year seems to be good for them. I am waiting until March 2013 also to try for a Walmart Card since I BKed Paypal, HHGregg and Gap under GEMB.

Cap One bought HSBC right in the middle of my BK, I had one Cap One card in there that had a small balance at the time, plus they acquired my Best Buy and Sears Mastercards during the BK. They vary with approvals after BKing them, I tried Cap One Auto Loans like 3 times, and all three times, they didnt even pull my credit, my denial stated "Previous Capital One Delinquency". Maybe since I got out of a Fraudulent Account a few years ago that they had to write off, then with my BK - maybe that is considered a double burn to them? Dunno, but I'm happy with my secured cards.

As of August/September, State Dept FCU is only softing Equifax via Andera for membership, and doing hards on Experian for credit products.
          Chapter 7 Filed 2/28/2012
          Discharged 7/24/2012
          Cased Closed 8/7/2012

Comment

Originally posted by CCsAreEvil View Post
            Wow, I thought I was getting ripped off with a $39/yr CapitalOne card!

Comment

Yea I second how awesome DCU is. I was just discharged from my chp13 a few weeks ago and they offered me a visa platinum with a $7500 limit as well as a car loan for up to $30K or $35K (just can't remember the exact amount). The only thing with the car loan is that they wanted $5K down at 2.49% so I declined that. I am very happy with their service and plus you can get the free monthly FICO with them as someone else mentioned. DCU is definitely worth a try especially if your Equifax report looks good.
              Chp 13: Filed 3/26/2007

11/5/2012 - 68 Months and finally free!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X