Approved for Capital One Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Approved for Capital One Auto

My wife's Ford Escape finally took a dump on us. It needs about $4200 for a new transmission. It's been paid off for a while now and is nickle and diming us to death. I keep getting emails from Capital One to apply for an auto loan, so I figured we would. We applied for a $20k loan and got approved for $24k @ 5.13% for 60 months. That's a much better interest rate than I thought we'd get only 11 months post CH7 Discharge. I know this gives us "cash buying power", but I'm going to see if the dealer can beat the interest rate, if so I'll go with them. I'll keep you all posted.
    5/9/11 - Filed CH7 - No Asset
    7/1/11 - 341 Meeting
    9/1/11 - Discharged; 9/22/11 Case Closed

Great news!!!! Congrats!!!!!!! I would be interested to see if the dealer can beat those rates as well! But if not 5% is excellant!

Comment

I paid the extra $15 to have Capital One FedEx me a check over night so I can start shopping. I'll be sure to keep everyone posted on the interest rates given by the dealership.
      7/1/11 - 341 Meeting

Comment

We got our "new" vehicle last night! We ended up getting an off-lease 2010 Ford Fusion. The thing is loaded and after beating the salesman into tears on the price, walked away with a decent price and payment. I had a blank check from Capital One for $24000 @ 5.13%. I went into an authorized Capital One Ford Dealership and they had no problem dealing with Capital One, but offered to see what other financing they could get me in-house and possibly at a lower interest rate. To my surprise, I was approved at a local credit union for 5.07%. I didn't end up using the Capital One check, but the whole process with Capital One was very easy.
        7/1/11 - 341 Meeting

Comment

Congrats on the new ride!!! Good interest rate, too!!
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

That's GREAT news!! Congrats on the new ride! My hubby just got a 2010 loaded Ford Edge through his work and he really likes it.

If you dont mind me asking, how much were you able to get off their sticker price? I'm always curious how much they are willing to move on the price!

Comment

Congrats! Do you know your scores when they pulled your app?
              Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
              The rebuilding begins

Comment

Originally posted by jetsfan2010 View Post
                Congrats! Do you know your scores when they pulled your app?

My score was 650 when we checked a week ago....and we were approved through toyota financial at 5.25%. (discharge was 2 months ago)

Comment

Thank you for sharing...most encouraging. Enjoy your new ride!

Comment

My score was 671 & my wife's score was 662 when they pulled Trans Union at the dealership. We were very pleased with those #'s. The sticker on the 2010 was $18000. I was able to get the price of the car down to $16800 before our trade in. After the trade in, we ended up financing $14600. I love car buying...it's a big game to me. I think we won this round.
                    7/1/11 - 341 Meeting

Comment

The environment hails your decision to replace your old SUV with a more eco-friendly vehicle.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuagraham View Post
                        The environment hails your decision to replace your old SUV with a more eco-friendly vehicle.
                        And my wallet at the pump!
                        7/1/11 - 341 Meeting

Comment

Curious, with the CapOne Blank Check what was the LTV? 110% or was it a different number?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X