Cap one platinum less than one month after ch 7 discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cap one platinum less than one month after ch 7 discharge

Hey all, I just got approved for a cap 1 platinum less than one month after chapter 7 discharge. $1,000 credit limit. No annual fee. Myfico score of 560. CreditKarma and CreditSesame around 670...go figure. Anyway, step one to rebuilding credit.

Plan to do auto charge for cable bill and auto bill pay from checking and and otherwise pretend I don't have it.

Congrats! Kind of helps make you feel sort of 'normal,' doesn't it?

I have a Cap1 also, (2 months out.) Mine is designated to a once a month gas tank fill up. Your terms could be different, but mine says so annual fee for the first year, $19/yr. after. You might want to check, just so you don't have a surprise fee charge.

I should note that if gas prices keep going up, my card will be used for a once a month HALF tank fill up!

Comment

We too were approved 2 weeks after discharge, I needed one for work and we pay the the cell with the one in my wife's name. We just pretend we don't even have them, the one stays at home and like I said the other is only used for work.
      Filed 9/14/2012 341 10/23/2012 Discharged 01/02/2013 Closed 01/07/2013

Comment

Congrats...........Did you apply online or did they send you a offer?

Comment

I found their offer thru creditkarma.com , we've had a few high interest high fee card offers in the mail but this I've was the best so
          Filed 9/14/2012 341 10/23/2012 Discharged 01/02/2013 Closed 01/07/2013

Comment

I got the offer in the mail and used the offer code to apply online. Was approved in less than 60 seconds as advertised. I was a bit nervous though because the offer letter said I was "eligible" and not "pre-approved"

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X