Capital One gave me another chance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capital One gave me another chance

My BK7 was discharged 6/12. I included three Capital One cards totally $7000 in my BK7.

6 or 7 months after my discharge I applied online using the see if you're preapproved option. I tried three times and was told we can't find a card for you at this time.

About 10 months after my discharge I tried again and was approved. I had the option of the rewards card and a regular card. I chose the regular card and got a $2000 limit with no annual fee and a 24.99% rate. Also included in the offer was a $500 increase in credit line after paying on time for 5 months...

Well, 5 months ended and Capital increased my credit line to $4000. WOW, talk about being totally surprised!

I'm now 17 months after discharge my advantage and fico scores are 694 & 698.

So, for everyone out there trying to rebuild and start over. Things do get better with time. Good luck.

Just be careful you do not get yourself into trouble again, I had $25K of available credit on one card once, and was offered to go up to $35K, I declined the $35K and requested a drop down to $15K, glad I did because I would have had even more debt.

Comment

Great story, Ace. Feeling inspired. I have three Capital One cards in my BK, totally around $17k. I checked the "pre-qualified" section, and they had three options for me. I'll still wait a little longer--only been one month since I've been discharged--but I'm glad there's hope. Cheers, Steve

Comment

Originally posted by sailing2013 View Post
        Great story, Ace. Feeling inspired. I have three Capital One cards in my BK, totally around $17k. I checked the "pre-qualified" section, and they had three options for me. I'll still wait a little longer--only been one month since I've been discharged--but I'm glad there's hope. Cheers, Steve
        Odds are you will be on their blacklist for sometime, I tried a Cap One secured CC, right after discharge and they denied me without a hard pull, meaning they did not even look at my credit report. I would wait a year before trying Cap One.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X