Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebuilding Credit after Chapter 13 Discharge

Hello,

I see a lot of posts on rebuilding credit after chapter 7, but not chapter 13. I was recently discharged, and I was wondering how long I should wait to apply for a credit card so that I may begin rebuilding credit. The discharge is already appearing in my credit, and my Experian score is 680. Thanks in advance!

first thing I did was pull all three credit reports and make sure everything is reporting correctly. I waited about two months after discharge before I applied for a secured card with a low limit and have subsequently have applied & received two non secured c/c's since then as well.
    Last edited by Scott50; 06-22-2014, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks Scott, I checked my credit reports, the only I am disputing is the lien strip on my second mortgage, it still showing with a balance. Who did you get your secured card with?

Comment

Merrick Bank. If you go the Secured Credit Card route~ make sure that the one you get reports to all three credit bureau's. I would search the web for "best secured credit card". Check out what the annual fees are for each card.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

This doesn't work for everyone, I tried secured, unsecured no luck total rejection even from PNC my bank, Secured Card, the rejected me. I am nearing 1 year since my discharge, albeit my case is not closed, I think that this is playing a big part in rebuilding credit.

Comment

ccmisery, is there a credit union close to you?

Even if they don't list secured cards on their website, my experience is that they will happily secure a credit card with your share funds. Having an excellent relationship with my credit union has helped me out a lot over the years.
              Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X