daycare questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. I have two.
    2. They are 16 and 17, so they take care of themselves for the most part.

Comment

I live in Illinois.

I have 1 child who is 5 and is in daycare. We pay $218.00 per week for Kindercare. This takes a big chunk of income but what can you do. It is especially hard when you are in a Chapter 13 and there is not much wiggle room for extra expenses.

Comment

Wish my daughter could read this thread!

I take care of my little 3 year old granddaughter 5 days a week (except for 2 mornings/wk when she is in preschool).

I don't charge anything, but I get lots of love and hugs and sweet, sweet memories to cherish from my precious little granddaughter!

Priceless!
        Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
        341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
        Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
        Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

I have a 4 yr. old. I pay $216/week for 4 days -- full time. It's ridiculous but that is the going rate here.

I tried a couple of in-home places but had BAD experiences (I'm sure there are some great ones - but both of these came highly recommended and I was highly disappointed.) and the in-home/unlicensed care was only slightly cheaper anyway.

I would have loved to have more kids but I just don't know how people can afford it!!!!

11 months 'til kindergarten!

Comment

Originally posted by Chitown View Post
            I live in Illinois.

I have 1 child who is 5 and is in daycare. We pay $218.00 per week for Kindercare. This takes a big chunk of income but what can you do. It is especially hard when you are in a Chapter 13 and there is not much wiggle room for extra expenses.
            Holy smokes! I thought I was paying a lot for daycare. We were paying $175 for our 3 year old and could not afford it anymore. We found a similar place for $115 a week that is non for profit.

I used to live in IL (Chicago area), but moved out of state 6 years ago...miss everything about it except the weather!

Footprints

Comment

I have 4 kids, 3 are in school and the babe is 19 months.

Way back when we just had 2 kids, I was a monitor on a special needs bus for the local school district. I was able to take the boys with me since the SpEd busses had seat belts. I worked roughly 2 hrs in the morning, and 2 hrs in the afternoon. In between time was just enough for them to have naps and lunch.

I had all holidays off, the entire summer, and if school was called off for weather, I got to stay home too!

Since we didn't have to pay for child care, everything I made was actually "ours".

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X