top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone filed their 2008 tax returns yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone filed their 2008 tax returns yet?

I just received my W-2 today, so I figured that I would complete my return. I had started one at www.taxact.com.

I had it completed in less than 20 minutes. It was a 1040 with itemized deductions. I had one advantage this year... I was 2 mortgage payments behind going into 2008. I made those payments up, in addition to making all 12 mortgage payments normally due in 2008. Then, I made sure that I paid the mortgage payment due January 1 by December 31. That is the interest on 15 payments, so it certainly beefed up the mortgage interest deduction!

I was also happy that I should have gotten $2100 for a stimulus, but only received $1500, so that is an extra $600 in tax credits!

At any rate, got a nice refund. I HATE tax refunds, so I have already modified my W-4 so that it will be much less next year!

The refund goes into my emergency fund. I have a pretty agressive goal for that, and it will be a nice start.

Did my state return online and will end up paying $36! They will get that on April 15!

So, has anyone else joined me yet?
    Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
    Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
    If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

I have tried but I can't finish until Feb 1st at the soonest. We pulled my husband's 401k last spring and the 1099 from them won't be available until Feb 1st. Also, I do mine on HRblock.com and they don't have the form for tuition credits ready to go yet. I guess the government was doing a last minute modification on it. Patiently waiting here, can't wait to get my cash!

Comment

I collect Social Security disabilty so I am waiting for them to send me my W-2 for Social Security. I have all the data gathered for the business and my wife's income.
      Golden Jubilee was a year-long celebration held every 50 years in which all bondmen were freed, mortgaged lands were restored to the original owners, and land was left fallow: Lev. 25:8-17

Comment

I filed my return on 1/21/09 using the TurboTax free on-line edition. It was pretty easy. I got my refund via direct deposit on 1/30/09.
        Filed Ch 7 Petition: 12/17/08
        341 Meeting: 01/14/09
        Discharged: 03/18/09
        Closed: 03/18/09

Comment

I filed Saturday; it was accepted by the IRS. This is my last year of a big return, I guess, since I'm giving up my house and with it, those big mortgage interest deductions!

Comment

I still owe for 2007.
            So I filed an extension and will file the 2008 in May and then pay 2007.
            Much thanks for all the support and information I receive on this forum.
            Chapter 7 filed 11/21/2008
            341 Meeting 01/05/2009
            Discharged 03/06/2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X