Do any of you use mint.com?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use it Mint and love it.

We pull cash out at the beginning of the month for groceries, gas, etc. and keep them in jars on the kitchen countertop. When we use grocery money, we return the change to the jar along with the receipt, so we know how much we have left. Same for gas. I just mark the whole cash deduction in Mint at the beginning of the month as "grocery" or "gas" and leave it at that. Anything leftover goes into savings.

We don't budget 3 paychecks for the months we get 3...we actually only budget 2 paychecks a month and the two months we have 3 paychecks, the extra paycheck goes right into savings. So it means we're living more within our means than we actually are and it's a nice little boost to our savings when that occurs.

Comment

I signed up because of the app also. However, I am having a heck of a time getting my accounts linked up! Did anyone else have this problem?
      A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

Yes, I did. And I kept hitting retry until it would finally link. For my credit union and Amex acct it took about 3 or 4 hits. But I am loving Mint now! Works great in conjunction with my Moneydance.
        Filed No Asset Chp 7 BK: January 2010
        Discharged: August 2010
        A life lesson well learned.

Comment

Originally posted by discombob1 View Post
          I signed up because of the app also. However, I am having a heck of a time getting my accounts linked up! Did anyone else have this problem?
          I've had problems in the past and sometimes it's because of the security questions. I think you have to match the security questions in the correct order? Not 100% sure on that but it seems to fix the problems I was having. Also, sometimes just come back a day or 2 later and/or check the community forum.

Comment

Originally posted by discombob1 View Post
            How did it go, discombob? Did you manage to get it linked?

Comment

Well, I managed to get my accounts in and so far I am very impressed! I'm just playing around with it now, getting to know the categories. I have to get the online info for my 401K to add in, then everything should be in there. I noticed someone else mentioned you can't do a cash account, and I would like to be able to do that. I do some side work for a little under the table cash. It's not much, but I would like to be able to add that. Other than that...so far I'm impressed!

Comment

I am one of those people who doesn't work much with cash, so that feature doesn't bother me. I work a second job once a month, and that check is also direct deposited into my account. I really enjoy the charts, but I am trying to figure out a reasonable budget for me. The budget that it defaulted to is not cutting it... I don't spend enough on clothes to warrant $90 and the $170 I was allotted for in gas is over $7 with another week left in the month.

Comment

Wow! I have to say, even only using it for a few days this is an eye-opener! Thanks for sharing. I too need to revamp the budget numbers but it's incredible to see in one place how much I spend.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X