top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apply for student loans before or after discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grad school students only get student loans, but I think they can get a government backed one with low interest. There are also scholorships. I'm going through the same thing myself.

Comment

Originally posted by bigtim6656 View Post
      Maybe the school needs to be a nat. accreded school. http://www.salliemae.com/ GO there. Ask at your schools financial aid office. As for mine. My pell grant loan goes to the school they remove any tuition and book fees. Here when i do my loan paper work i get approved and the school credits it and the pell money to my account i can get my books and other stuff from the book store before they get my loan. Then on sept 24 they will release me a check for what ever is left over. So around oct 1st to 10th i will get a buig check
      if a school is not accreditted by the US Dept of Education- you will not qualify for ANY federal student loan programs.

That really sucks. I was all set to go to a grad school; until i found out i could only use private loans. And obviously i wouldn't qualify

Bottom line: if you know you'll need a student loan- make sure the program/school is accreditted. You can check the US Dept of Ed website for specific accreditation if you're not sure.

here's the link (sorry Mod's if this wasn't ok)
      Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
      341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
      Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
      Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

Originally posted by jribe View Post
        if a school is not accreditted by the US Dept of Education- you will not qualify for ANY federal student loan programs.

That really sucks. I was all set to go to a grad school; until i found out i could only use private loans. And obviously i wouldn't qualify

Bottom line: if you know you'll need a student loan- make sure the program/school is accreditted. You can check the US Dept of Ed website for specific accreditation if you're not sure.

here's the link (sorry Mod's if this wasn't ok)
        As a side note. A degree from a program that is not accredited is not worth the paper it is printed. Be very careful of this, especially with graduate degrees. The most common scam is where the program is state accredited. This really means nothing. The program must be regionally accredited.
        Filed 5/27/09
        341 7/2/09
        341 held
        Discharge and closed 9/4/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X