Do student loan payment's/interest change after CH 7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do student loan payment's/interest change after CH 7

I have $35k in student loans with Sallie Mae that are on in-school deferment until 2015. When I file for CH7, will my payments, interest, deferment, or loan holder change? I've been reading through the posts and need some clarification.

Thanks for the help!

My experience with Sallie Mae is that nothing should change, though your online access will probably disappear while the automatic stay is in effect.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithDoxen View Post
      My experience with Sallie Mae is that nothing should change, though your online access will probably disappear while the automatic stay is in effect.
      Thanks! Good to hear!

Comment

Yes, your ability to view/pay your SallieMae account online will temporary stop, but after my discharge was able to log back on and view and make payments!
        November 2, 2009: Filed Chapter 7, December 10, 2009: 341 Done! January 11, 2010 Last Day for Objections! February 9, 2010 Discharged!!! February 12, 2010 Case Closed, MyFico on 11/09: 550, Now: 715!

Comment

In my case (Citibank), my payment actually went down by about $12 once they started the billing back after my discharge.
          Filed: 6/30/2010
          341: 7/26/2010
          Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X