top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AES/Chase loans - Anyone have experience when them after a Chap 7?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AES/Chase loans - Anyone have experience when them after a Chap 7?

I'm considering filing Chapter 7 because I'm being sued by a credit card company and I dont want a judgement on my record.

I wanted to know how Chapter 7 will affect Chase student loan handled by AES. There is a clause in my promissory note that "Whole Loan due" can can happen if bankruptcy is filed. But I also read from other people (well Sallie Mae and some) that they just freeze the account till discharge, then you continue to pay like normal.

I wanted to know of anyone with AES and a Chase loan... if that has been the case. If they just freeze the account till discharged and things continued as normal afterwards.

I do plan to call AES on Monday to have a talk with them. I'm afraid that if I file, All 5 of my loans will go on auto charge off and force my Co-signers to pay in full. Which is not what we want. We're able to continue paying as normal even during the whole bankruptcy.

If anyone has dealt with AES and a Chase loan please do answer.

Is this a private loan I assume? If so, and given the default clause, I would expect them to return the loan to the guarantor and or go after your cosigners.

Comment

I have 2 private Chase loans with 2 different co-signers, one being the person who I filed Ch 7 with and one who was not on my Ch 7. The loan who my co signer was in my Ch 7, my husband, the loan was "frozen" and restarted a few months after the Ch 7 was over. The other one was transferred into that co-signers name....and they started to send bills to that person and have left me completely alone, and that particular loan is no longer even listed on my credit report. Now, I changed the address so the bill comes to me and I pay it on time so the co-signer doesnt feel the effects of it, but that did happen. But the full balance was never asked for, they just started sending that person the monthly statments after the stay was over.
      My AES loans who have other originators other than Chase stayed with me and re started a few months after the 7 was over, they did not bother co signer at all, never changed it over to him.
      Teacher Momma

Comment

Oh and by the way - I would much rather a judgement on my record than a BK....if you can deal with the judgement or work it out with them I would do that over filing.
        Teacher Momma

Comment

I have direct experience with AES. It's been almost 6 months since my discharge and they still don't have their crap together enough to take my account out of "suspended". I keep calling them, I've faxed them the discharge papers, they keep telling me 'everything is ok, we just need to update our records'. I'm not sure I buy it, but there appears to be nothing I can do. I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but AES only holds my federal loans. I'm happy I don't have to make payments right now but I'm kinda terrified that when the account comes out of suspended it will be a disaster.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X