top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice having debt nightmares and being sued.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also have questions. I would suggest one start by searching for an attorney who can help one with student loans within your state BAR.

I wonder what happens if the only debt you owe is SL debt. If you are in a BK 13, are you then forced to pay all your dispoasable BK 13 income to the SL? Somehow, I don't think so. Still, I wonder.

My issue is very different. I want to pay off my SL's. I was originally worried that when the loans finally defaulted I would get the maximum of 25% collection costs tacked onto my loans. That did not happen. As a result, my SL's are ticking downward at the 15% garnishment level. I would welcome 25% Sl garnishment. That would immediately solve my problem with all other judgment creditors/CA's/JDB's. If I could get the student loans either paid off or close to paid off, I might give a 13 a try. Or, if I wait long enough, a BK 7 is probably in the cards.

Another attorney once told me that the more time I can put between my charge-offs and JDB purchases, the less likely it was that they would file a claim. I'm not sure I understand why.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X