341 Meeting was Tuesday (3/23/2010)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Meeting was Tuesday (3/23/2010)

I arrived one hour early for my 1:00 PM hearing because I just did not want to take any changes. There were at least 15 cases on the docket for 1:00 PM, and another session was scheduled to begin at 2:00 PM. The trustee was very professional and polite. His opening remarks were easy to understand, and he made me feel comfortable when he advised everyone to just listen closely to the questions he asked because we would all get the same questions. He even gave everyone a heads up on the two questions that most people have difficulty with which were, "Did you receive a tax return this year? and "How much did you receive?"

I was about the seventh person to be called. The trustee asked to see my driver's license and social security card. Once he verified a match, he then swore me in. I sat down with my lawyer next to me and he asked the questions. The majority of my responses were either "Yes, sir" or "No, sir." It was over in less than five minutes. Just like everyone says!

The last question the trustee asks is "Are there any creditors here for ____'s case?". None showed up for my case, but there were two creditors that were present for other people. The creditors were also very polite and professional. For instance, when each creditor walked up the trustee, he would also greet the debtor.

So, it was definitely not as bad as I thought, especially since I pictured myself being grilled by the trustee. In fact, for me, this entire process has been really smooth. It is not something I take lightly, and I really appreciate the fact that I did not encounter anyone being judgmental at any point in the process.

Great. I hope ours is as smooth on 4/28.
    Indiana Filed March 9, 2010;
    341- April 28, 2010;
    Confirmed May 25, 2010;
    $1,240 a month; 4 down & 56 to go

Comment

Congrats to the OP.... BIG, BIG step and accomplishment getting past the 341 meeting. Glad that all were respectful of you and others. It is such an unnecessary drama for any other outcome, but like everything in life there are always the 2% who must act out.

Glad all has gone smoothly for you and hopes for continued smooth sailing thru your discharge.

Comment

Yes, congratulations. It is so nice to hear others have good 341 experiences since it is typically such a feared and stressful time for most of us. The worry up to that meeting can be unbearable, but from what I have read lately on here, most people are encountering positive experiences at their meetings. Just be HONEST, folks. I swear, that seems to be the key to everything and dissolving worry. If you really have nothing to hide the fear seems to diminish greatly. Many of the trustees I have heard of are very kind individuals, not attackers or vampires. I guess you have a few that could be on power trips, but I really have not seen much of that on here since I joined. Now I know what those of you are thinking: "Yeah, but will it be the same for me?" Well, nobody can say for sure, but if you have been aboveboard, you should be able to sufficiently justify any requests or questions that are asked of you. Good to hear you had a good experience and welcome to the 60 day club!
        Bobby

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X