341 done this morning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 done this morning!

Thanks to this forum, I was not nervous about our 341 meeting this morning. Our lawyer couldn't be there, but sent one of the other lawyers from his office to sit in with us. He met with us for about 15 minutes before our scheduled meeting time. Said all looked good and he didn't fore see any issues coming up.

We went really early hoping to be able to listen in on some other cases so we could get a feel for how ours would go......just like most posts I've read on this forum suggested.

Well....this just goes to show how districts can vary. There were a few cases ahead of us (2-3) and we were all waiting in a lobby. One by one the cases were called into meet with the trustee (or I should say a lawyer for the trustee's office) behind closed doors. So, we weren't able to listen in on any other cases.

Our turn came, and went without any major issues. Only two things came up.

1) We were asked to provide our lawyer and our trustee's office with the name and address of the mother of my husbands children (that get's child support). We were unaware that this was something that we needed to provide and therefore didn't have the address with us. We were just asked to get it to our lawyer ASAP. On a side note, after we left the office, my husband realized he DID have the address with him. He had stuffed it in his wallet a while back and forgot it was there. So, we just turned around and gave our lawyer the info.

2) Our lawyer somehow missed that our house is in my name only and therefore we could not claim the Federal exemption. So, one of the schedules needs to be amended and we could potentially end up owing more to our plan overall. After our meeting, our "backup" lawyer appologized for the error, but said it would be a minor adjustment. We're probably going to be required to pay more in every month when my husband's child support ends in a little over a year, so that extra money would cover us if our total payback amount goes up.

So, all in all, things went well. Just wish I could tell some really cool stories about morons that didn't come prepared or tried to hide stuff. But since we didn't watch any other cases....all I can tell you is our experience.

Our confirmation hearing is set for May 6th. Glad we don't have to attend....unless notified.

Now, we just need to stick to our budget (which is very do-able) and get back to a stress free life. This is the best thing for us - we are both so much happier now, and have learned to really appreciate life again.
    Filed Chapter 13 on March 16, 2010
    341 Mtg on April 16, 2010, Confirmed on May 7, 2010 (Step plan for 36 months)
    35 months down - 1 to go

Glad to hear your meeting went well. I am new to the forums and my husband and I are contemplating filing Chapt. 13.

Good luck to you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X