341 in Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 in Colorado

I have my 341 in a few weeks in Denver. If anyone has gone through their 341 in the Denver district, I would like to hear about your experience. I think my case is fairly simple, but I still worry that something will go wrong.
    Filed Chapter 7 on July 30, 2010
    341 scheduled for August 26, 2010 - Done! - Report of No Distribution
    Discharged!!! - November 15, 2010

I just had mine. I'm in Ch 13, and I think they might be less worrisome than a 7.

If you have a lawyer, you'll probably meet him/her a half hour before your scheduled time. Your lawyer will have your file and go over the questions that you will be asked (and tell you the answers, if you have doubts.)

Then you'll go into another room where there will be a bunch of other filers and the trustee at a table with a recording device. You'll be called up and sworn in and then asked the questions which are pretty darn easy. If you don't know something, let your attorney answer for you and/or say "I don't know".

You'll be fine, I promise.

Comment

Yep, really easy here in Denver. Name, address, did you read the petition? sold any property in the past few years? Not much else. Aimee (trustee) is nice and it all seemed to run smooth for us and a 5 others in front of us. You will receive your list of trustee objections a few days before the 341- these are NOT addressed at the meeting. Ours was for a 13. A 7 may be a bit different.

It's a walk in the cake... :-)

Comment

Thanks for your responses. Glad to hear your 341s went well. I agree, I think Ch7 is scrutinized a bit more, but mine is a simple Ch 7 case (well below the median) and I do have an attorney so that will help. I hope my trustee (Simon) is as nice as yours! I look forward to being done with the 341! One other question, did they ask for any other paperwork or just your SS and DL? Thanks.

Comment

They just asked for DL and SS- same that is on your 341 letter after filing... As long as your trustee's last name is not Cowell than I think you will be fine!

Good luck!

Comment

Simon Cowell as a trustee! LOL. Oh, that would be scary! Thanks MileHigh.

Comment

Your lawyer should bring all your paperwork. In a 7, they might ask for exxtra things but the lawyer should know beforehand. I brought my whole file with me, just in case...Girl Scout!

Aimee is my trustee's lawyer, but I had a man trustee ask me the questions...might have been Simon but I cvan't remember. If so, he was quite kind.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X