341 in Minnesota today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 in Minnesota today

Well, the day finally came. My lawyer didn't show up but her replacement did. No creditors showed up for everyone. Before we went in, I was quite nervous and the atty just assured us of everything would be fine. It went smoothly as expected, even though I liquidated my IRA 5 months ago and used it for legit expenses. Over here the trustee handles cases according to lawyers or law firms, probably. I had it with other 2 couples and a gentleman. All with the same basic questions. The trustee didn't even bother to ask about my tax refund. From the beginning to the end, it took less than 5 minutes for every case.

Now I'm in the 60 day club. I'll also wait to see if Toyota will send any reaffirmation paperwork to my lawyer or not. She said that Toyota had threatened to repo the vehicle when reaffirmation not signed before even though it was current. Anybody has the same experience?
    Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Hi glad to here everything went smoothly. We have ours on 9/9/10 in St Paul, was yours in St Paul or Mpls? I am a nervous wreck but when we filed last week the lawyer assured us we should have no problems. I hope he is right! I hope ours is as quick and easy. We are under the median but have lots of unsecured debt so I am hoping none of our creditors show up either!
    Thanks for posting your experience and good luck to you!

Comment

Morning jlybean

Mine was in downtown Mpls, one of the government buildings, the federal building on 4th Street. I used to pass this building hundreds of times for years and never realized that one day I would have to step in. In contrast to what I used to encounter, the security guards were very nice (even nicely dressed) and respectful not like those in the state building on 6th Street. The court clerks were pretty nice as well.

Before the hearing, from the filing date, I was also a nervous wreck even though my case was pretty simple, income below the median, no asset, and my attorney has ensured me several times not to worry.

Allow me to say a little bit more. I also had a lot of unsecured debts, some dating back as far as 6 years, and 2 car loans. At the hearing, no creditors showed up. Only Toyota and BestBuy sent my lawyer letters to pass on to me about my choices of reaffirmation, redemption or surrender. I have repeatedly told my lawyer that I won't sign any reaffirmation with Toyota, just keeping paying even though she kept telling me if I really want to keep the car then I should reaffirm it. She's pretty young and probably hasn't dealt with this a lot (just my impression). Also because of this hearing, I missed my job interview and the interviewer, and probably his interview team, wasn't happy. Lucky for me, he rescheduled another one tomorrow.

If you don't have any asset and everything pretty simple, then it's gonna go thru quick and easy before you know it. Now I'm done with it so I know that I shouldn't be nervous. It sounds funny, right? Before I was just a nervous wreck like many others. So all I can say it just prepared everything and try to get some rest and... don't worry like me Good luck and when you're done, just come back and share your experience with people here.
      Filed chapter 7 Jul 13, 2010 341 hearing Aug 12, 2010 Trustee's report of no distribution Aug 20, 2010 Discharged Oct 13, 2010 Closed Oct 28, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X