341 in Southern District of Indiana?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 in Southern District of Indiana?

Anyone here been thru 341 for Southern District of Indiana? Just looking for tips/hints, suggestions, etc. How long did it last? Where you able to arrive early and see other 341s? How long did it take? Crowded? Our 341 (chapter 7) is coming up in a couple of weeks, and I'm starting to get nervous....

I'm interested in this. Anyone?
    10/26/10 - FILED CHAPTER 7 12/15/10 - 341 COMPLETED 2/17/11 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

Hi artgood, I don't think there are many Indiana posters on these boards. I'm the original poster of this thread. Here's what I posted as a follow-up to my 341 on September 28. As you can see below, it went well, despite a no-show attorney! I'll be glad to answer any additional questions you have.

341 AND NO SHOW ATTORNEY YESTERDAY

Well, the good news is we had our 341 yesterday, and it was quick and relatively painless!! Trustee asked us the usual questions, read the forms before signing etc.. He did specifically mention, "i see you have student loans, and you know you will continue to be paying those -- I said, yes, and he wanted to know if I graduated/and from what school. He seemed pleased to know that I had earned a b.s. in marketing. We knew going into this chapter 7 that our attorney hires local counsel for the 341s, as we are 2+ hours from the U.S. court house, and that we'd be meeting a local attorney in the hallway before the 341. We arrived 45 minutes early for a 9:30 341, and waited and waited, Meanwhile, other attorneys/clients were coming/going all the time. Finally at 9:29 a.m. I asked an attorney just waiting with a client, what to do if our attorney is a no-show. He said he'd be glad to help us out, but we needed to talk to the trustee about it. So, when our name was called, our "new" attorney went in with us, explained the situation to the trustee, and he was fine with the change, as long as we were. Since, I had read everything on these boards for more than a year, and knew that we should be an easy no-asset chapter 7, we went ahead with the 341 meeting. So, we left the 341 meeting with the trustee saying, "no asset case" good luck in the future. My husband called our original attorney's office, and they had already received a call from our "sub" attorney...the word we got was that the local hired attorney simply forgot to come........

Comment

Good news

Glad to hear everything went well. Hopefully when the time comes, it will go smooth for us as well.

How long was it between when you filed and the 341 meeting, if you don't mind me asking?
        10/26/10 - FILED CHAPTER 7 12/15/10 - 341 COMPLETED 2/17/11 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

We filed August 11th, and our 341 was September 28. The best news we heard at our 341 was at the end of it, when the trustee said, "no asset case, hope things go better for you in the future." FYI -- we mainly filed because of tons of medical debt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X