341 Mtg (Western District NC - Charlotte) 1/19/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Mtg (Western District NC - Charlotte) 1/19/11

DH & I had our 341 mtg yesterday and aside from our attorney being about 10 mins late, it was the quickest "meeting" either of us have had in our lives - a total of 3 questions:

Did you receive & read the Statement of Information?
    Did either of you have any child &/or alimony support obligations?
    Are there any changes/amends to the petition?
    Thank you both Mr. & Mrs. NCGirl, you're free to go.

As we both got up out of our chairs, the trustee turned from speaking with our attorney and said, "Mrs. NCGirl - please come here for a moment." I almost threw up from my nerves being frayed and about collapsed thinking the worst. As I started back over to the meeting area, the trustee said to me, "I wanted to tell you personally thank you for your extremely thorough & straight-forward backup documentation supporting your petition. In all my years working as a trustee, you are the first debtor that has come before me that had all their ducks in a row and be so concise; I commend and thank you again."

I shook his hand and we excused ourselves from the meeting area. When we reached the hallway, our attorney gave me a hug as I had started crying again and he reaffirmed what the trustee told me and said that he, too, felt that we were well-informed and educated in the processes of bankruptcy. I smiled and said thank you.

I would like to thank the board and the wealth of information available to "normal" people such as my DH & I. It was a God-send to us as I know it must be for the hundreds of others here. There is no sugar-coating anything here and I appreciate that style (simple-stupid as my daddy use to tell me!).

NC Girl

I probably would have thrown up. Great job!
    Filed ch 13 12/23/10; closed 3/14; refiled ch 7 on 4/13; 341 on 5/13; reaffirmation 7/11 (denied); 7/14/11 DISCHARGED

Comment

We were the 8th case to be called; all the prior cases were questioned almost to the point of being grilled because of lacking/missing information and/or documents. And all of these cases had attorneys! This worried me more because as mentioned before, our attorney was late and I just knew we were going to get the 3rd degree, but thankfully we weren't.

Comment

NCGirl - I'm curious about the "through and straight forward backup documentation". What was it that you think you did that make your documentation stand out from what this trustee normally sees? Was it the fact that you had everything? Or did you annotate your statements and documentation to make it easier to read?

Thanks,

Comment

I honestly didn't think I did anything special or unique, I just supplied what was asked/requested of me. I have always been extremely organized & thorough with both my personal & professional record-keeping (my background/career is in industrial construction management & cost control engineering/scheduling) and I believe this carried over into my paperwork I submitted to my attorney. He and his paralegal liked the layout and asked if I'd be okay with them using my documents in the submission to the courts.

I would also like to state that I did my homework and gathered as much information I could get my hands on so I was not only familiar with the processes of BK, but the overall experiences others had during this difficult time. I had originally planned on filing pro se, but unfortunately with my illness and some unique problems with my case, DH & I both decided it might be best to hire an expert to handle it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X