341 meeting behind me, now I wait.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting behind me, now I wait.

This feeling I'm having...it almost feels like a sense of relief. The meeting of creditors this morning - I was in front of the trustee a total of maybe 5 minutes. She asked me the usual questions that everyone is asked - is everything accurate, did you read your petition before signing, etc. She inquired about my 457 investment plan, whether it was through my employer (and it is).

Then, she noted how much dischargeable debt I have and asked what kinds of debt it's comprised of. I was a little surprised because she hadn't asked anyone that went before me that question. More than half the debt is my house, with vehicles and credit cards taking up the rest. I began listing what it was and my lawyer ended with, "a lot of it is student loans, too". I agreed with him, but then thought, 'she asked me for dischargeable debt.' Not sure why he brought that up but I didn't dare argue. She made a note and told me I could go. Whew. No questions about reaffirming my car (which I am NOT doing) even though it was listed as such on the paperwork, nothing about my house (which I'm surrendering), and nothing about how could I have made such a wreck of my life at this age, made such bad choices, and become nearly destitute after all these years of hard work. Ok, ok, so the last part they can't really ask, but inside there was a part of me that was afraid of being judged and chastised for being where I am at this sad juncture in my life.

I'm feeling lighter today though, and going to set a date to take the second financial education course the bk court requires. I am SO, so grateful for this forum and all its helpful members. Such great info here, and some very good fellowship.

Now I wait to see if she asks for my income tax refund, for more bank statements, for something, anything.
    Filed Chapter 7 on 2/22/11, 341 meeting held 3/30/11, relief of stay on foreclosure 4/12/11, relief of stay on auto 5/17/11, Discharge on 6/6/11!

Each time I hear that it went okay makes me feel better. Mine is today at 2:00. Almost time to take a shower and get ready. I plan on getting there early so I can watch for awhile.

I think by the time we get to the meeting, they have enough information about us that they understand the why's and how's of our debts. Mine was job loss and my age is making it hard for me to find a new one. Hung on as long as I could but wish now that I'd done this a lot sooner and saved my money!

Glad to hear your's was okay. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I hope yours went well, and was as uneventful as mine. It is tough to find a job, not to mention trying to find one when you've got things against you such as age. No matter what the laws are, society is discriminative. I wish you luck in your job hunting, and I know what you mean about wishing I'd done it sooner yet waited until the last minute.
      Filed Chapter 7 on 2/22/11, 341 meeting held 3/30/11, relief of stay on foreclosure 4/12/11, relief of stay on auto 5/17/11, Discharge on 6/6/11!

Comment

Well, Clabbergirl, you've got 30 more days til the big D for Discharge! Have you taken the second financial education course yet?
        Figured out we were in trouble: (Wait, we're in trouble? ) Stopped paying creditors: Aug 2010 Filed Chap 7: Apr 29, 2011 341: Jun 1, 2011 Report of no distribution: Jun 1, 2011 Discharged Aug 2, 2011

Comment

I have, and finished it the night before last. I chose Dave Ramsey's. I'm not a fan of his, but it was a useful course. Glad it is rolling along and ready for it to be final.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X