Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre 341 question

Hey all,

We just filed today and I have a question about bank account balances between now and the 341. How much money can I keep in my account? The paralegal said the trustee could take funds from my checking acct. to pay creditors. What can't I do with our money?

Everything you earn after the day you filed is yours to do with as you please.

The trustee would be entitled to whatever you had in the account (and did not exempt) on the day you filed. However that doesn't mean the trustee will even bother going after it. Some do, some don't.
    There are two secrets for success in life:
    1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

You bank account balance from now on doesn't matter. They can only take the money that was in the bank account when you filed. It's the only money they can take. except for a tax return if you are getting a refund and it is of a significant amount. At my 341 meeting the trustee only asked what people did with the money, but never said to any of them that they wanted it. at your 341 meeting, You will be asked for a bank statement of the balances for today.
      Filed Pro Se 3/21/2011
      341 4/21/2011
      DISCHARGED 6/21/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X