341 TOMORROW @ 9 a.m.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 TOMORROW @ 9 a.m.

Well, this time tomorrow I should know if I am in that "60 day" club. Up til now, haven't been too nervous but finding it's getting worse as the day goes on. I really think had my atty not put my expenses so high, I would be more comfortable.

He fixed it so the DMI is -134 a month. I would rather have kept the expenses down and maybe had 80 or 90 DMI and chance less questioning.

Guess I just have to trust him (came highly recommended even though young) and if there are problems, he can do the explanations. LOL

Hopefully with me being almost 800 a month under median, I will just sail right through.

I of course will be back tomorrow to advise wether I am sighing or crying!!!!
    Filed CH 7 4/15/11
    341 5/23/11
    DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Good luck and keep us posted. I wish I had words of encouragement, but I'm new at this myself, so I can only wish you the best and will be waiting anxiously for you to come back to us with an update!
    {{Hugs}}

Filed 5/20/11
    341 Meeting 7/6/11
    Awaiting Discharge..........

Comment

My very best wishes and {{HUGS}} go with you.

You know the drill: Get a good night's sleep. Leave plenty early so that you don't have to worry about traffic and parking issues. Take a bunch of quarters with you so that you can feed the parking meter, if necessary. Have your DL and SS cards, and anything else you may have been told to bring, at the front door, or already in the car.

You will do fine.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thanks Cat. I tell you, your posts here have saved my sanity over the last year or so. This filing has been a long time coming....LOL. I will surely report tomorrow.
        Filed CH 7 4/15/11
        341 5/23/11

Comment

best wishes!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Just did my 341 last week, and my nerves were shot. After hearing what some of the other people had done I relaxed. One lady had written herself a $7500 check. When asked about that she giggled. I knew my case was nothing after hearing that. No one can make you believe it but its not that bad at the 341. Good Luck.

Comment

wishing you smooth sailing

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Good luck tomorrow, sunshinepa, we'll all be thinking of you. Wishing you a very smooth 341!
                Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Update on 341.
                  Well, so easy I felt like it was a waste of gas. First off let me say thank you to all on this forum who have provided information and support. Although I don't post much, this forum has been a life saver since I joined in April 2010.........a big thank you to all the experts and others who have responded to any questions I had during this journey!!!!

Now on to the 341 which lasted all of 1 minute, 47 seconds. Yes, you read that correctly!! Here is a summary.

Held downtown Harrisburg PA at Federal Court house. Having worked across the street, had no trouble finding it or a parking garage.
                  Arrived at 8:40, went through security and proceeded to the 11th floor.
                  Scheduled at the end of 8 cases for the 9 a.m. timeframe.
                  Atty arrived at 8:55, five minutes later the trustee told him he could do my case.

Sworn in, provided SS card and driver's license
                  Trustee asked if I read the paper on bankruptcy provided by the court...... Yes sir
                  Did I read my petetion and was all correct........Yes sir
                  To the best of my knowledge was everything correct.........Yes sir. (Note at this point, my atty. provided the Current Market Analysis for my home and a copy of my 2010 tax return)
                  Have you ever filed bankruptcy before.......No sir
                  Why have you filed bankruptcy.......loss of income and mistakes in credit card usage
                  Thank you, you are free to go!

Whew, what a relief.

Also, I observed 4 cases from the scheduled 8:30 meeting.......not one person was asked anything more than me so that made me feel a bit better. The only reason I was nervous was the high expenses my atty listed and I do mean he put them extremely high.
                  Aside from my mortgage and car allowances they were:

Electric/heating - 310.00
                  Water/Sewer - 40.00
                  Telephone - 56.00
                  Cable - 48.00
                  Cell Phone - 85.00
                  Trash - 16.00
                  Home Maintenance - 120.00
                  Food - 450.00
                  Clothing - 100.00
                  Medical - 125.00
                  Recreation - 115.00
                  Charity - 45.00
                  Personal Care - 35.00
                  Pet Care - 50.00

Now as you can see, they were way above the normal allowances and I was frozen with fear of being questioned. I did discuss this with my atty. several times and he assured me in PA, the trustees allow "reasonable living expenses". Guess he was right because the trustee never blinked. I personally felt bad saying I spent that much on food and entertainment as that has not been the case. However, I did what my atty said and unless I miss my guess.........I AM NOW IN THE 60 DAY CLUB!!! Now I just have to pray that we don't hear from Citibank (who was suing me) on the 24,000 balance transfer done in Nov 09. I did make 9 payments above the minimum so I hope that was enough to prevent an AP. Atty says he can defend if it happens and has never lost one on a bal. transfer.

Unless I miss my guess........I do believe I am officially a "60 day club" member............YIPPEE SKIPPY!!!!!

Will be checking Pacer and updating if anything changes but expecting him to asked to be dismissed.

For those of you still awaiting your hearing, follow the forum advice and try not to be too nervous. It really was quite painless.
                  Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                  341 5/23/11

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Grats!

Comment

Thanks for the feedback sunshinepa! I have my 341 on the 31st and it puts my mind at ease to read stories about how smooth it went. Congrats!
                      Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

ahh sunshine...that is ssooo awesome. i knew you were gonna do great. welcome welcome to the 60 day club.
                        filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
                        "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X