341 Friday. Nervous, of course...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Friday. Nervous, of course...

After a valiant effort to fight off the sharks, and a successful lawsuit defense (Pro se) with CAP1 featuring their MSJ denied and a trial resulting in their case dismissed without prejudice (not exactly a victory, but not a judgment either) We had to pull the trigger and file the 7. I really wanted to fight some more JDBs and OCs, but just two days after the moral victory with CAP1, a visit from the Sheriff (who was very kind and compassionate) regarding a judgment from 7 years ago prompted me to nuke it all. All our paperwork is filed, and our ducks are in a row. I'm still a little nervous, although I don't know why.

I guess it's the reality of this being our last line of defense and if it fails, they're all going to come at us, guns blazing, and knowing we have nothing to protect us. It's one thing before you file, knowing you have the BK to fall back on. It's another thing after you file knowing this is it, and if you made a mistake, the hounds will be unleashed. But since my lawyer seems quite confident, I'll try to emulate his feelings...

You will be fine. I was the same even though I read all the posts and knew what to expect. I actually was amazed at mine, it lasted exactly 1 minute 43 secs.....took me longer to pay my parking bill.....LOL.

Best wishes for a smooth one and please keep us posted. You're on you way to a fresh start!!!
    Filed CH 7 4/15/11
    341 5/23/11
    DISCHARGED & CLOSED ON 7/27/11

Comment

Originally posted by sunshinepa View Post
      You will be fine. I was the same even though I read all the posts and knew what to expect. I actually was amazed at mine, it lasted exactly 1 minute 43 secs.....took me longer to pay my parking bill.....LOL.

Best wishes for a smooth one and please keep us posted. You're on you way to a fresh start!!!

Thank you Sunshine! We hope to spend the whole weekend celebrating

Comment

Welcome............side note, I was hoping by now I would be celebrating my discharge but no such luck, haven't seen it yet. We'll all be here to help ya celebrate entry into the "60 day club"!
        Filed CH 7 4/15/11
        341 5/23/11

Comment

Have you inquired as to the delay?

Comment

BEST WISHES my friend.

Comment

My 341 meeting is this Thursday, nervous too. Best of luck!

Comment

Originally posted by IamOld View Post
                BEST WISHES my friend.
                Thank you very much

Comment

Originally posted by donnao View Post
                  My 341 meeting is this Thursday, nervous too. Best of luck!
                  Thanks Donna, and same to you. Don't forget to let us know how it went!

Comment

I made it through, and without the help of Xanax (which I seriously considered taking for the first time in almost 2 years!). You will be fine. Best of luck!!
                    Filed 5/31/11 341 & Report of No Distribution 7/28/11 Discharged & Closed!! 9/29/11
                    "What I won't accept or buy any longer is that my credit score defines who I am. Screw that."

Comment

Originally posted by Samhill View Post
                      Have you inquired as to the delay?
                      Actually was going to tomorrow. Opened email at 6 a.m. to find notice from atty.........discharged. Then checkec Pacer and I was discharged and closed the same day....posted that one real quick!

Again, your 341 will go fine. Probably take you longer to get there and park...LOL!
                      Filed CH 7 4/15/11
                      341 5/23/11

Comment

I'm done, went sooooo well, great trustee. So glad it's over. Just waiting for an amendment to my petition for a small money market account I forgot about. He said when they get the amendment, I'm done. Yeah! good luck tomorrow! Stay calm. Let us know!

Comment

ALL DONE!! Went just as smooth as everyone said it would. My wife and I stopped at the liquor store on the way home, bought 2 bottles of champagne, went home, changed into our bathing suits and sprayed each other with the champagne like the guys in victory lane, then drank what was left!

Comment

Originally posted by donnao View Post
                            I'm done, went sooooo well, great trustee. So glad it's over. Just waiting for an amendment to my petition for a small money market account I forgot about. He said when they get the amendment, I'm done. Yeah! good luck tomorrow! Stay calm. Let us know!
                            Glad to hear it. Congrats!

Comment

hi!
                              first and foremost PLEASE don't stress about it!~ I actually got a STROKE from the stress of this and when we went for the 341..........3 minutes in and out........and most of my debt was due to a gambling addiction....over 80K in gambling alone !
                              they simply call you into a room with a trustee and several other filers.....ask very easy questions..they asked us 4..the main one "how did you get into this debt?" that was ours anyways......I told him staight up........I have a gambling addiction.......he said .ok....good luck...that was it!!!!! all that stress and misery for nothing! I t was the best thign we ever did.it saved my marriage........saved my sanity!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X