How many people are in the 341?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many people are in the 341?

I want to sit in on a few 341's before my own. Is this a large room of people, where a spectator can blend in? I know they are open to the public, but I am wondering how easy it is to blend in, without someone asking "Who are you and why are you here?"

What was the room like and how many people were there? Easy to blend in?

thanks

If you are from Miami -- even better.

Ours is in the next 11 hours. Can't sleep, very nervous. Will report tomorrow

Comment

Each district in each state is different, there are so many factors, size of the building, size of the district, total number of people filing, what time your appointment is, etc. But here in Eastern District of MI which is downtown Detroit it a large Federal Building, the 341 meeting rooms take up 1/2 of a floor so to mingle was fairly easy. But I was approached by lawyers looking for their clients while I waited in the large general sitting area.

The Trustee meeting room was much smaller about 30 maybe 40 chairs at the top of the hour the room was full and people would leave and come back all the time but as soon as filers are done they leave so if you could stand out as the room empties.

I didn't have the chance to go prior but if you chance I would go - I didn't have a very friendly Trustee if I had known I would have prep better.
      Filed Pro Se: 11.12.2010 ~ 341: 1.12.2011 ~ Discharged: 3.9.2011 ~ Officially an Asset Case: 3.30.2011 ~ Last Day to File Asset Claim: 6.28.2011 ~ Trustee Final Report: 8.1.2011 ~ Asset Distribution: 8.31.2011 ~ Case Close: 11.15.2011

Comment

Our 341 was in a small courtroom. We waited in a holding room close by with our lawyer and several other filers and their lawyers. They took us in in groups and called debters up one case at a time so we heard others before it was our turn. We could have gone in earlier and listened to others if we wanted... open courtroom, people walking in and out. The questions asked to us were: Have you filed before? Whats this overtime on your paystub? Is there any reason we can not have payments deducted from your paycheck? We said yes I probably would get fired, and they allow us to send our check monthly. Same kind of questions to everyone!
        When it was done we could leave or listen to others.
        Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
        Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

Originally posted by katztoo View Post
          Whats this overtime on your paystub?
          How did overtime work out for you going forward. Overtime is one thing thats killing me in my figures. Got alot in the past few months that wont last going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Jf24 View Post
            How did overtime work out for you going forward. Overtime is one thing thats killing me in my figures. Got alot in the past few months that wont last going forward.
            Can you wait a few months until it starts "dropping" off the the last six mo income average?

By the way 341 for me was they called people by the hour...around...14 plus atty's so you would sort of stand out...

Comment

I know your nervous, but really, no need to attend one to see how it goes. If anything, arrive maybe 30 minutes before your so you can watch, but odds are, even if you arrive on time for your 341, you will have a chance to watch. The 341 is really no big deal (for 99% of debtors), it is very routine and very fast. After it is over, you will kick yourself for worrying about it and losing sleep.

Comment

We sat in on a bunch last year. Nobody asked us anything. There were a slew of folks there, in two different rooms with two different tt's. It wasn't exactly a chatty, welcoming, grab-a-drink-and-let's-shmooze kinda place. Rather hushed and a bit tense. I think everyone there is just worried about themselves, and getting in and out as quickly and safely as possible.

You should blend in just fine, I wouldn't worry.

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X