top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 meeting done - checked PACER today, what does this mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting done - checked PACER today, what does this mean?

Hi All, i had my 341 meeting yesterday and it went very well, under 2 minutes, all that stress for nothing. I checked PACER today and I have a report of No Distribution(YAY!) but i am just a littel confused as to what some of it means. Here is what PACER says:

Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution: I, Dxxxxx Lxxxxxx, having been appointed trustee of the estate of the above-named debtor(s), report that I have neither received any property nor paid any money on account of this estate; that I have made a diligent inquiry into the financial affairs of the debtor(s) and the location of the property belonging to the estate; and that there is no property available for distribution from the estate over and above that exempted by law. Pursuant to Fed R Bank P 5009, I hereby certify that the estate of the above-named debtor(s) has been fully administered. I request that I be discharged from any further duties as trustee. Key information about this case as reported in schedules filed by the debtor(s) or otherwise found in the case record: This case was pending for 1 months. Assets Abandoned(without deducting any secured claims): $ xxxx.xx, Assets Exempt: $ xxxxx.xx, Claims Scheduled: $ xxxxx.xx, Claims Asserted: Not Applicable, Claims scheduled to be discharged without payment (without deducting the value of collateral or debts excepted from discharge): $ xxxxx.xx. (Lxxxxxx, Dxxxxx) (Entered: 07/18/2012

What does Assets Abandoned mean and then there is a dollar amount which i x'd out? Also Assets Exempt? What does that dollar amount represent? Sorry if this is a stupid question!

Thanks

That is very good news for you. It basically means that you are a 'No Asset' case, and that any non-exempt assets you own, aren't worth the trustee's time and energy to try to liquidate them for your creditors. Also that dollar amount looks like the total of what your debts are that will be discharged.

Congratulations!! You are in the 60 Day Club!
    "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Thank you!! i think i figured out what the assets abandoned are, the dollar amount was right about what i have left to pay on my car loan, which i plan to keep n continue to pay..am i correct?

Comment

I also would like to say thank you to all the contributors on this forum, the advice and comments on this site have been what has kept me from having a nervous breakdown throughout my BK process, and i can now breathe easy again...here's to hoping for a stress free 60 days until i get my dischargeand start fresh with a new outlook and hopeful future of being ( and STAYING!!) debt free!! Good luck to everyone waiting for their 341 meeting , hope yours is as pain free ss mine

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X