No announcement yet.

Do creditors often show up to 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had 341 on 9/18 and.......NO crazy persistent landlord showed up. I was sweating it too and we decided that my husband would stay home so he wouldn't be tempted to have words with him if he did show up.
    All went well..in/out 15 minutes.

60 days tick tock!

Comment

Originally posted by squrlio View Post
      Had 341 on 9/18 and.......NO crazy persistent landlord showed up. I was sweating it too and we decided that my husband would stay home so he wouldn't be tempted to have words with him if he did show up.
      All went well..in/out 15 minutes.

60 days tick tock!
      Wow that's awesome!
      Should go by quick, I'm currently at
      Day 49 since my 341,11 more days I hope.

Comment

Long story, I'll try to keep it short. My brother got everything from my parents when they passed away (had the rest of us disenherited). So my brother is coming after me for a loan from my father (which I paid off years ago, but my dad & I didn't keep proper accounting for -- shoot, he was my dad). My brother took me to Small Claims court & won $10,000 & instead of appealing it, I filed BK 7 (I've got lots of debt to clean up, so it made sense & I talked to a lawyer before proceeding this way). Anways, my brother showed up at my 341 meeting & tried to argue about my loan being done in bad faith & the Trustee told him to be quiet and this was not the place for his complaint. I exempted my father's wrongful death suit (not disbursed yet) as a wildcard exemption at $10,000 & my brother said the amount was wrong because he and my other brother found a company worth a trillion dollars -- the Trustee told him no one knows how much you'll get & the Trustee told him that people file Bankruptcy all the time when they lose a judgement. My lawyer said that my brother had evil in his eyes & that he couldn't believe that was family & that he looked angry enough to throw a wrench in my bankruptcy. My 341 meeting was 8/12 & my brother filed an objection to an exemption on 9/11, but I'll address that problem in another thread.

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
          I can add a wrinkle to this topic:

One of the creditors we filed against was American General Finance, now known as Springleaf Financial. AGF did NOT send a representative to our 341 meeting, instead, they sent reaffirmation papers--all filled out except for our signatures--to our TRUSTEE!!!!

He handed them to us at our meeting and said that we needed to discuss the matter with our attorney. We took them straight home, shredded, and burned them.
          What did they want to reconfirm? They wanted you to reconfirm post-discharge that you would owe them debt again? I guess they were trying to intimidate the debtor and hope that he would be ignorant of his rights?

Comment

I was afraid creditors would show to mine but they didn't.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X