Need help bringing an AP against someone I have a judgement against

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help bringing an AP against someone I have a judgement against

I have a civil judgement against a person. And yes there was fraud involved, so I am wanting to file an AP under section 523. I do not have money to hire an attorney and need to file pro se. Has anyone done this or have sample AP paperwork that I could follow to do mine. Also tomorrow I am filing an Objection to Discharge which I have been told to do first. Does anyone know if the deadline to file the AP is still 60 days after 341 meeting or longer once I file my objection? The courts are not very helpful and say they cannot give legal advice and that I should contact a lawyer! Please help!

APs can be tricky business. I've done two pro se divorces but wouldn't attempt an AP unless the situation was really straightforward and clean. You might consider at least having a consultation with an attorney - depending on your situation, it could save you $$ in the long run.

If you want examples of AP paperwork, you could look up some local cases on PACER and see if you can find anything similar to your situation.
    DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X