Chapter 13 questions before going to attorney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 questions before going to attorney

We are going to speak to an attorney on Thursday about filing Chapter 13. We live in GA. I am trying my best to get as educated as possible before we see the attorney. This process is very involved and a bit confusing. Hopefully the attorney will know what is best for us and help us in the proper method best for us. Here is a basic breakdown of our situation. Retired on fixed income. Our income will be over the state medium. So we will be required to go with the 5 year plan. High amount of unsecured debts. Secured debts: Mortgage, 2 financed vehicles and a financed RV. Never been late on secured or unsecured. We will be late on unsecured starting in March. We ran through the C122-1 and C122-2 and it appears our Disposable Income will be rather high. If that is the case and they want to use all of it for the payment plan we will be in trouble making it. Is there a way to reduce the DPI through any exemptions? Wildcard, etc??? I have a few more questions too. We do not want to include the Mortgage, 2 vehicles and the RV in the chapter 13 payments. We want to continue to pay the original creditors on time like we have been. Is this allowed? The mortgage (home) has no equity as well as the RV (it is upside down). One car loan has no equity the other has about $20000. We want to keep the RV since I have some medical issues (heart and cancer) and try to enjoy it some before I face more treatment. Not sure what we should tell attorney on Thursday but guess we will wait to see what he says. In addition once the plan is made and approved does it ever change for the 5 years? Our income should not change since we are on Federal pension. As we pay off items such as one of the vehicles we will have additional cash on hand. Can I put that in savings or do I have to tell trustee? Any help with all this before we go to the attorney is greatly appreciated.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X