341 Today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Today!

Our 341 was today and it went very smoothly; I had been obsessing about tax returns/proof of filing, etc....he didn't even ask for them, or the most recent paystub. He was very professional, organized, and business-like; (we're in the Eastern Dst. of CA) he asked the standard questions, questioned the attorney about 2 errors: prop. txs included as non-secured rather than secured, and these same txs. were not listed on the expense sheet..both fixable apparently.
    He gave us information on his website and how to access it for information, how to make the payments, and even gave preprinted labels with our name and case # to put on the check! We can also split up the payment however we want, as long as he gets the full amount by the 25th
    We were out of there in less than 5 minutes. I didn't think I'd feel that much
    better, since I've been dealing with all this for so long and knew what the plan amount was, and so forth.....but it's good being able to start the coundown! And it may be 54 mos. rather than 60, but whatever, it's started!!
    04/04/08 filed Ch. 13
    5/08/08 341 hearing
    6/12/08 Confirmed

That's great news. I will keep my fingers crossed for you that your confirmation hearing goes as smoothly!!
    Filed Chapter 13 05/23/08
    Converted to Chapter 7 Jan 2012
    Discharged April 2012

Comment

Congrats! It's stories like these that make me feel better about the upcoming 341.
      May 2008: Filed Chapter 13
      Jan 2010: Plan Amended and Confirmed! finally plan funds = total funds due!
      Jul 2013: 5 years done! Trustee set to discharge! Woo hoooo!

Comment

Did you have to attend the financial class after your hearing...
        Filing January 08.

When a mistake becomes a lesson was it really a mistake?

Comment

Actually we were told that a Debtor Education class was being held just prior to the 341; no certificate, and not mandatory, but we were highly encouraged to go. So we got there early...no one there, no one there...then a guy comes in on a motorcycle and opens the door to the meeting room: turns out he was the Trustee! said no class due to budget cuts, had stopped them 2 months ago. We asked him about the post bk counseling and he said most people do it online but we had the life of the plan to do it...just had to be before the last payment made.
          Long answer to your question, huh?!

Where in CA are you, may I ask?
          04/04/08 filed Ch. 13
          5/08/08 341 hearing
          6/12/08 Confirmed

Comment

We are in Bakersfield
            Filing January 08.

When a mistake becomes a lesson was it really a mistake?

Comment

Ah! my first job after college was with Kern County, spent 6 years there; bought my first home there. Doubt if I could find my way around now, it's grown so much.
              04/04/08 filed Ch. 13
              5/08/08 341 hearing
              6/12/08 Confirmed

Comment

I was a little nervous about going to the 341 meeting, but it was a non-issue. It was in a group of probably 50 people, the trustee wasn't even there, he sent someone from his office instead. They just asked a few questions and that was it. He did object to confirmation, and we had to up the payment amount (due to the amount in 401k loans I was paying off), but although its tight, it should be something I can handle.

Just glad to not having to worry about creditors calling anymore!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X