Bank Statements - Joint Account. Periods Reviewed by Trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bank Statements - Joint Account. Periods Reviewed by Trustee

Specific to a 13; in Arizona if possible, as to a review of Bank Statements, what periods prior to and after the filing date is the trustee in reality actually going to likely review, analyze or othewise be concerned with?

My fiancee & I had a joint bank & checking account. I am filing; she is not. She has taken money out of the account < 1yr prior to me filing. Is this a potential "preference" type issue for me or in any other way considered improper or questionable, or is she entitled because it was a joint account? Would this cause me consideration as to when I would file?

Thoughts, strategies; things to consider. Thanks.

I am in Arizona. The only bank statements I had to provide to the trustee were 6 months prior to my filing.
    Filed 11/01/08
    341 12/03/08
    7 payments down - 53 to go

Comment

"The Hidden Dangers of Joint Bank Accounts

Either party to a joint bank account has the right to make unlimited withdrawals, regardless of who deposited the money. Each joint owner will be able to withdraw money from the account freely, the other joint owner's permission."

For me it's better to have your own bank account and still continue to have a joint account with your fiance. Just trying to be wise here, you never know what might happen in the future. Marry her 1st before moving another step. hehe.. still it's your decision and if you trust her, it's really up to you.
      I'm a sucker for Loan Modification.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X