Chapter 13 Income loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 13 Income loss

Does anyone know what the process is for reducing a chapter 13 payment due to a part-time job loss(income reduction). We filed three years ago and I want to finish out the plan but because of the part-time job loss the payments would be too much. Finding another part-time job to make up for this income loss would be very difficult in this climate.

Thanks

I would love to hear how this turns out for you. I recently lost my part time job, bringing in $1000 a month in income. When I called the lawyer to inform him of this change, which is a big change for us, we were informed that it would likely do nothing to our payment...but "he'll look into it", (that was over 2 weeks ago), but "for now we'll just have to tighten the budget up".
    May is our second month without my income and we can feel how tight our finances are getting. We are not able to save for anything, we were putting money aside for car repairs, medical, etc. Now there isn't anything "left over" to save. We have 4 kids, one of which is a baby. We began this 13 in January, it was very do-able, now not so much. I am looking for another part time job, but the cost of daycare for 4 kids through the summer will run about $2000 a month.... ouch!!

The first step you need to take is to call your lawyer.
    Good luck!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X