3 year plan, what could go wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 year plan, what could go wrong?

I was reading over some different threads and a question popped in my head. At what point can the Trustee have issues with something in our BK? At any time? Is it likely that any issues would have already been addressed? I am just curious as I just hadn't thought of this before. I just made my third payment.

Hopefully once confirmed, the trustee's staff has figured out that you are paying in enough to fund the plan. That is the key. If you are covering all of the possible claims etc. Sometimes at the end, mortgage finance companies try to pull fast ones by claiming attorney fees etc for applying arrearages and refiguring payments and that takes time to sort out. So if you have a mortgage arrearage included just really try to stay on top of how the trustee payments are being applied so you aren't hit with extra fees at the end of the plan.

Otherwise just make your payments, send in your tax forms and refunds and you should be good to go.

Comment

I'm with you...just made my third payment. Luckily for us, we were current on our mortgage so no worries there in the end. For me so far, I keep trying to save money for unexpected events in the future but the month-to-month surprises are keeping that from happening.

Also, I'm still having problems with the court ordered wage deduction for our payment to the trustee. The first two months, my husband's job was withholding money but not mailing it in so I had to make those payments in addition to what they withheld. Now today, they made a payment for August (yeah) but it is an odd amount (luckily over what is due each month). So...I will contact my lawyer and the trustee. Don't like the way my husband's employer is handling this...
      CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
      Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

When figuring in your payment what happans when say a loan (example 401k loan) is paid off... I have like 16 pmts left on a 401k loan that is directly taken out of my paycheck and should be paid off in 8 mths... Are they going to allow that to continue to be taken out / not sure how they couldn't let it continue / then I would have approx 160.00 extra income mthly ??????
        Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones
        Chapter 13 filed 10-21-09
        Discharged 4-13-15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X