1st post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st post

been reading alot on this forum finally decided to join, anyway wife and i are getting ready to proceed with bk approx. 64K in c.c. which have been unpaid since aug. 09'have been current on house and car though. we live in PA we unexp. had our 4th kid which was 2 mo. early and already being in a hole just put us over the top well one mo. of not paying most cards either doubled interest rates or demanded outragous min. balances so we decided to stop paying calls have been coming non stop have not answered. any help on howto proceed

I suggest making appointments with 3 or 4 different BK attorneys to see what they have to say. You'll get a idea of what they think your options are, and you can gather more information to see if this is the right path for you.

Most initial consultations are at no cost to you, so get your questions ready and see what they say. Take a list of your bills, income and rough expenses per month.

Best of luck to you
    8-07-09-filed Chapter 7
    11-18-09-DISCHARGED!!

Life is not what challenges you face, but how you face those challenges.

Comment

I am in a similar situation. First thing to do is research and make an initial consultation with a bk lawyer (I have mine on 11/09). Read this forum and become familar with the process. I have a detailed list of questions that I am going to ask my lawyer relating to my specific case. Most consultations are free so take advantage of it. Good Luck...

Comment

thank you for the quik replies i live in sort of a" backwoods" area so im sort of concerned with attorneys competance so cheking out several might be good

Comment

After retaining your attorney you can usually give their information to the creditors. That stopped all of our calls except Capital One.

We did answer our calls at first so the creditor could verify our contact info. We did this with hopes of them not calling friends, relatives or employer. Seems to have worked for us.
          Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
          "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X