Fee range in NY for a 13, Long Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fee range in NY for a 13, Long Island

Didn't talk to any lawyers yet, but was wondering what kind of fees to expect, if anyone is from Long Island.

Did they take part up front and the balance in plan or all up front.

Also PM me if you care to share who they were.

Jim

I am not in the same state - but just wanted to post that from people I talked to there was a wide range in my district. Varied from $2000 (all up front) to $4000 (about 1/2 and 1/2). I believe the one who was $2000 cash would also do a partial payment now/rest in plan for more total. Like $1000 down, $3000 total.

Then again, some will not even give a quote without knowing what your case will involve. I can understand that, but I was on such as hectic schedule I only considered those who would talk to me a little by phone/email before setting an appointment.

One other thing - fees quoted usually will NOT include filing fees, cost of running a credit report, cost of credit counseling. Those should not vary too much though as its pretty much flat costs. So about $375-425 I imagine regardless of where you are.
    Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
    (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

Hi, in our 13 case, attorney got a little over $300.00 for filing fees and credit report. The rest, $3500.00 was rolled into the filing. $3000.00 for 13 and $500 for lein strip. Good luck.

Comment

I responded to a message you sent me and I don't know now if you got it. Anyway, we had to pay $2500.00 down, and $2000.00 went into the plan (because of the lein strip). We still have not been confirmed (next court date 4/8) but he did get the 2nd mortgage co. to agree to the strip. I am in Town of Babylon, NY. I did not shop around for attorneys - stupid I know - but if I am confirmed at the amount we have been paying, than I will be able to say I am satisfied. (The attorney we have used to be a Trustee, so he does well know both sides of this bankruptcy game.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X