Who will finance before I file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who will finance before I file

I am trying to buy out our lease right now (19000) on a 2007 van - valued at 22000 - i have been turned bown by the dealer for financing because of some of my existing debt. My credit is between a 551 ( expeian) and a 650 ( tru Credit)
    How can I get a loan before I file?
    What are my odds of getting the 19000 from a lender? is there somone or some place that I should apply to?
    should I just bite the bullet and scrape up 3500 bucks and buy an old car to hopefully last a while - I need a van - i have 4 young kids.
    Any advice is appreciated

I've heard of capital one blank check and one other one, but can't remember the website off the top of my head...
    Filed Chapter 13 on 2-28-10. 341 completed 4/14/10. Confirmed 5/14/10. Lien strip granted 2/2/11
    0% payback to unsecured creditors, 56 payments down, 4 to go....

Comment

did you spoke with the dealer? you have good changes to buy that Van
      orange county bankruptcy lawyer

Comment

Originally posted by deepinit View Post
        I am trying to buy out our lease right now (19000) on a 2007 van - valued at 22000 - i have been turned bown by the dealer for financing because of some of my existing debt. My credit is between a 551 ( expeian) and a 650 ( tru Credit)
        How can I get a loan before I file?
        What are my odds of getting the 19000 from a lender? is there somone or some place that I should apply to?
        should I just bite the bullet and scrape up 3500 bucks and buy an old car to hopefully last a while - I need a van - i have 4 young kids.
        Any advice is appreciated
        19K is a lot to owe on a 2007 van. I like your idea of getting a nice used van. Believe me, there are many distressed sales out there and from a private owner, you could find a decent used van for about that price. Put a couple hundred into it for tires, batt, tune up and drive it till it quits. We have a 93 old police car. $800 four years ago. $300 into it and runs like a top, looks like hell, but does the job. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Seeking a $19k loan for a vehicle is a lot. Have you considered something less expensive? Perhaps try Carmax if there is one near you - large inventory you can search online and they can bring in a vehicle from another store (within 250 miles I think) for free/no obligation. If you can put $1-2k down, you could probably finance a loan of $10-12k. Roadloans.com is also an option.
          Get mortgage modified: DONE! 7 months of back interest payments amortized, payment reduced over $200/mo
          (In the 'planning' stage, to file ch. 13 if/when we have to.)

Comment

I had ZERO luck in financing my lease before filing. It was all about debt to income, not even the lease company (the manufacturer no less) would do it.

I went into my plan with the lease and it will end in a few months. Maybe I can get financed then.
            19% dividend

Comment

I did try capitol one - no luck there. I wanted to buy our lease out and its a 2007 honda that worth over 20000 so it would be a good deal.
              I think I am just going to turn it in and buy something for a few thousand cash
              Its just another kick in the gut to go from a credit of 757 2 years ago to 550 - 650
              its all finally hitting me hard that its time to make this happen and try to move on.
              i just want a reliable family vehicle for my wife and kids.

Comment

I am trying to buy out our lease right now
                Can I ask why you don't want the lease to continue?
                Filed Chapter 7 July 2010
                Attended 341 September 2010
                Discharged November 2010 Closed November 2010

Comment

Just keep it through lease end.
                  19% dividend

Comment

the lease ends next month - April 27th - so I wanted to buy it out and keep it its been a great car but - no such luck

Comment

I am also thinking that I would rather have a 36 month chapter 13 - instead of a 60 month and include the car - i think i can get by for 3 years with a used car and then get something after this is over - just try to save like crazy between now and then to cover break downs and regular maint.

Comment

I am also thinking that I would rather have a 36 month chapter 13 - instead of a 60 month and include the car - i think i can get by for 3 years with a used car and then get something after this is over - just try to save like crazy between now and then to cover break downs and regular maint.
                        Yeah, I agree. Best to spend $3-5000 for a fairly decent ride.
                        19% dividend

Comment

I was in the same situation. I was 2yrs into my lease and decided to file a ch13. I went to my local credit union and was able to buy out the lease which actually end up saving me $65/mnth. Maybe try with a credit union.

Comment

we have 7 months left. Was told NO, NO AND NO AGAIN. so we will hold onto the lease, and hope it all works out better when our debt to retro is lower. Seems from what i read we have more time then you.

Comment

If you have a traditional lease through Honda Financial, you can extend your lease by 'X' number of months. So, if you want to extend for 6, 9, 12 (etc) more months while you rebuild your credit, then do so.

Call Honda Financial's "Lease Maturity Center" at 1-800-351-6509

In fact, their recorded 'hold music' has a voicover stating: "If you want to wait for a newer model Honda that isn't out yet, or hold onto your leased vehicle a little longer, you can simply extend your lease! Ask a customer representative for more details."

- rp
                              This isn't legal advice. It is just informational based on my experiences through the process, and some of the lessons I've learned.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X