Chapter 13 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LadyInTheRed View Post
    tgrazor, I wasn't offended and didn't mean to be insensitive. Filing for BK is hard for all of us, regardless of what got us here and what our situation is. We will all get through it more easily if we look at it as taking control of our financial lives instead of thinking of others as trying to take things away from us. Before filing, we are in a position for creditors to continue to take from us in penalties and increasing interest rates and by suing us, getting judgments and garnishing our wages. When we file, we take control by presenting a plan on how we can best pay creditors over the next five years, whether that means paying 1% or 100% of unsecured debt. If a trustee has unreasonable expectations, we need to remember that we are in the drivers seat and need to insist our attorney work for us to get the best deal we can.

I believe that attitude has a big impact on our success or failure. If you start with the assumption someone is taking something from you, you are starting from a position of weakness. Vent and blow off as much steam as you need. But, to get through a Chap 13, you must always remember that you are the only one in control of your financial future!
    Very well put and excellent advise! Thanks for shedding some light on this dark situation. I will come back and read this frequently to keep myself on the glass have full side of things.

Have a great weekend!
    Kim
    Filed on March 31, 2010
    Trustee Meeting 341 on April 29, 2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X