No announcement yet.

What happens if you decide to surrender home several months after filing ch 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happens if you decide to surrender home several months after filing ch 13

We plan on filing Ch 13 around the first of Nov. We will have missed our 5th mortgage pmnt. Up until these past few days, we were going to keep our house, but are now reconsidering it. We would like to file and make our mortgage pmnts at least for awhile to give us plenty of time to find a place to live. We are afraid that if we give it up now, we may not have enough time to find an apartment, we don't know how much time we would have.

1. Is it a good idea to try to rent now and move, then just tell them when we file, that we have already moved. Our credit is already shot and we aren't sure we can find a place that quickly.

2. We thought that by making mortgage pmnts on time for several months, that it would give us something to show them when trying to rent an apartment. And, of course, more time to consider our decision.

What happens to our CH13 if we then surrender the house. Does it all get thrown out and we start over, or do they just amend the plan and go on since our rent would probably end up being about the same as our mortgage.
    Ch13 filed 1/13/11, 341 held 2/17/11, Confirmed 3/23/11
    1% to unsecured creditors
    25 down, 15 to go! Thanks to all for your help here on the Forum!

Sorry, I hit enter before I was finished. We owe back taxes, so I'm assuming we can't file a CH 7 even if we let the house go. Everything else is CC and lots of medical bills.

This forum has been so helpful, I log in and read nearly every night. Thanks to all who offer help and information for all of us who are scared to death by this whole BK thing!
    Ch13 filed 1/13/11, 341 held 2/17/11, Confirmed 3/23/11
    1% to unsecured creditors
    25 down, 15 to go! Thanks to all for your help here on the Forum!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X