top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Confirmation hearing??? So what can I expect??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmation hearing??? So what can I expect??

Have ours coming up next week & Per the atty all is moving along, saw on Pacer all have been filing motions as expected & apparently 2nd is not going to fight! who hoo so the lien strip will actually happen.

Just wondering if I am stressing for nothing? Will this be just a routine thing or was anyone surprised or have anything thrown at them that day?

Do we actually attend or just the atty?

I am in Maryland and I had mine a couple of weeks ago. I got a continuance after I got there because the motions to strip my second and value my car had not be ruled on yet. If you have rulings on your motions and the trustee's objections have been dealt with, then it should be a non-event and you will be confirmed.

I know Virginia is somewhat different, but when I got there it was a bunch of people (mostly lawyers) lined up and the trustee was meeting with them to go over outstanding objections. After they met with him they generally left. I think the key is if you do not have any objections the hearing will be more of a formality than anything and you probably will not have to be there. Only if you are going to figth the trustee on something will the judge be there and have a "real hearing". There were no new issues brougt up. They only went over the trustees objections that were filed officially on Pacer. Good luck. Sounds like you are almost there!

Comment

Generally you only have to attend if there is an objection to your plan. Since the 2nd is fighting the lien strip motion you may be required to attend. In our court the lien strip motions are held prior to the confirmation hearing, if the ruling is in your favor and the trustee has no objections to confirmation you shouldn't need to be there. Ask your attorney if you need to be there.

Comment

Originally posted by walkthaplank View Post
        Generally you only have to attend if there is an objection to your plan. Since the 2nd is fighting the lien strip motion you may be required to attend. In our court the lien strip motions are held prior to the confirmation hearing, if the ruling is in your favor and the trustee has no objections to confirmation you shouldn't need to be there. Ask your attorney if you need to be there.
        what if the trustee did not recommend confirmation? In our case My ex husbands schedules needed to be redone. His Atty is not redoing them and plans on explaining his case at the confirmation hearing to the judge.
        Then what will happen?

Comment

You will likely get to witness the glory of a confirmation hearing... first hand. Why are you filing a joint case with your ex-husband?

Comment

So talked with assistant at Atty office...and all seems to be moving along. Looks like 2nd is NOT going to fight ...YIPPPEE! so they are expecting that to be signed off so the lien strip will happen! There was a paperwork glitch on the 1st so that has to be fixed & then she said we shouldn't even have to go! I will feel so much better after that date & this will be behind us...getting ready to send in my 5th payment...55 more to go!

Comment

Originally posted by julsmom View Post
              So talked with assistant at Atty office...and all seems to be moving along. Looks like 2nd is NOT going to fight ...YIPPPEE! so they are expecting that to be signed off so the lien strip will happen! There was a paperwork glitch on the 1st so that has to be fixed & then she said we shouldn't even have to go! I will feel so much better after that date & this will be behind us...getting ready to send in my 5th payment...55 more to go!
              Congrats julsmom on the 2nd not contesting! Onward to confirmation it is...

Comment

Originally posted by walkthaplank View Post
                You will likely get to witness the glory of a confirmation hearing... first hand. Why are you filing a joint case with your ex-husband?
                That is not what I wanted to hear.

Comment

Congratulations on the lien strip!
                  Chapter 13 Filed November 10, 2010 Indiana - Southern District - United States Seventh Circuit
                  Attended 341 hearing 12/15/2010

Comment

My confirmation was supposed to be last week. The trustee recommended after the 341 that the case be confirmed but none of the credit card companies filed a claim. The judge continued the case to give them more time to claim. ???? Isn't 5 weeks enough time for these people? Don't they have 3 months from the confirmation to file?

Comment

The confirmation hearing (for those that do not have objections coming) is indeed a non-event. It involves sitting in a courtroom, listening to about 75 cases being called, trustee objection based on funding on about 75% of them, hearing your name called, raising my hand to show I was in the house, and hearing not a peep from the trustee, and the clerk (no judge was anywhere in sight) say "plan confirmed", and then the next name...but since I was pro se I *think* I had to show up.

John
                      Filed Chapter 13 pro se: 9/30/2008, 341 Meeting: 11/15/2008, Plan Approved: 1/6/2009, 100% of all claims paid: 10/19/2010. Trustee closed case: 11/5/10 DISCHARGED: 11/18/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X