100% Payback Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% Payback Question

I have a question about Chapter 13. I have recently considered Chapter 13. I have been reading about a lot of people who have "prepared" for months and taken certain actions to save some money and put themselves in a position to pay attorney fees have some money set aside etc. My question is this, if I am looking at 100% payback am I just making things worse by not paying creditors and racking up late charges, over limits, etc. because that will only add to what I will have to pay back over the 5 year period. Also, since I am probably looking at 100% payback is Chapter 13 not such a great idea and what other options are there out there. Thanks a lot for any replies.
    Dee

Correct, if you pay back 100% that includes all the late fees, penalties and interest according to the contract.
    So it's not usually a great idea to run these things up if you think you might end up paying them.
    However, chapter 13 is essentially means-tested repayment.
    Are you over the median income?
    Most of us are in ch13 because of either: over the median, owe taxes, or mortgage issues (or all of the above!).
    filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
      Correct, if you pay back 100% that includes all the late fees, penalties and interest according to the contract.
      So it's not usually a great idea to run these things up if you think you might end up paying them.
      However, chapter 13 is essentially means-tested repayment.
      Are you over the median income?
      Most of us are in ch13 because of either: over the median, owe taxes, or mortgage issues (or all of the above!).
      all of the above usually sums it up = )
      Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
      The rebuilding begins

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X