42 months in and the credit offers just started pouring in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

42 months in and the credit offers just started pouring in

Been making my payments like a good boy for the past 42 Months and haven't had any issues. I've even started a countdown, Only 18 Months left!!! It sounds like a long time but I bet it flies by and then I'll be FREE.

Oh yeah, the original point to this post. In the last month or so I've been getting a ton of credit card offers, I mean about 10 a week.

I've tried to do some research but seem to get more confused the more I read. Would I be able to apply and get credit while I'm in this chapter 13?

If I would have to talk to the trustee I don't even want to bother. I have not had to talk with them a single time since my original court date and I like flying under the radar. I don't want to ruffle any feathers. But if I can apply and start rebuilding my credit now that would be great. I had to file for 13 because of some very bad circumstances that are now over and I'm not worried at all about putting say $100 on a credit card every month and then paying it all off. But like I said if it's going to mess anything up for me I'm not even going to think about doing it.

If you are in a 13, then you are not allowed to obtain any new credit without the Trustee's approval. I have heard that some creditors monitor your credit report in order to see if anything new appears and then they notify the trustee to get you dismissed so that they can come after you for the original debt. I would be especially weary if any of these offers come from a company you listed on your 13.

Comment

Ok, that is easy enough. The offers will be going in the trash until I'm done with everything. I don't want to do anything to wreck this.

Comment

You need to look at the order confirming your plan. In my plan I simply have to get approval from the trustee to incur debt in excess of $5,000.

Comment

On my plan it states I cannot incur more than $500 of debt... unless it was for medical emergency reasons..
          Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.

Comment

Me too!! We are in our final year and started getting offers. They are really horrible offers though--LOL. I just trash them.
            Chapter 13 Filed: 2/7/07 Confirmed: 5/1/07 Discharged: 3/2/2012 Closed: 6/2/2012
            130 out of 130 bi-weekly payments DONE
            100% Completed

Comment

I am curious about this, I just checked my order and it says nothing about incurring new debt, not that I'd want to.
              filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

If you bother to look at the credit offers, they will all invariably be for enormous interest rates, low credit lines, and obscene fees. Just what you need to get back into the habit of throwing your money away and getting back into debt.

The banks love it when you are in debt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X