top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone used Lanning to reduce their DMI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone used Lanning to reduce their DMI?

Hi again all,

Our 341 is next week and I convinced my attorney to base our payment on projected income (no overtime) versus the 6 month lookback. Has anyone tried this with success?

I'm feeling that this will go positively because I read an article on my trustee's website that included an article regarding Lanning and Ransom. The article indicated that strict adherence to the means test is not a requirement and that it is necessary to recognize flexibility in the disposable income calculation.

The site also gives tips on what to do with your tax refund so I'm almost certain that means that the trustee doesn't keep them! Now if the IRS would just release my $2500!
    Filed Chapter 13 with lien strip on 2-28-11 * 341 held on 3-30-11 * First confirmation hearing held 4-20-11, continued until 5-25-11, continued until 6-29-11, continued until 8-10-11. Plan finally confirmed on 8-10-11!!!

yes!! I took a $10,000. paycut 2 weeks after I filed.. it was take the cut or loose my job... I had to educate my lawyer regarding Lanning and it was a hard slog, but I was able to to get my payments down from over $2300.00 a month to $543.00...(tax refund was $7500 in 09, projected to be $1200 in '10 but actually was a whole $23.!!) I was both my lawyers and my trustee 1st Lanning case so I think it was harder then than it might be now! Thankfully my plan is manageable and I am able to live quite comfortably (that does not mean I have scads of extra money.. I have just learned to be super frugal and repurpose a lot of things where I would have purchased new!).
    Good luck to you!
    Filed 7/17/10 1st 341 8/17/10 2nd 341 9/16/10 1st confirmation 10/06/10 2nd confirmation 11/10/10 Bar Date 11/15/10 3rd and final confirmation hearing Dec 8 and acceptance of plan Dec 29 2010....

Comment

Our plan payments are based on base wages only. No overtime was calculated because it is not a guranteed number. The overtime I do work helps our emergency fund and gives us a little extra from pay to pay. In fact my pay stubs show I made $820less so far this year compared to last year because of the availability of overtime. I don't see how any calculations can be made factoring in undetermined hours of work. The base wages is a secure and pridictable source for determining the plan base. This is what our attorney used.
      Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Originally posted by andy158 View Post
        Our plan payments are based on base wages only. No overtime was calculated because it is not a guranteed number. The overtime I do work helps our emergency fund and gives us a little extra from pay to pay. In fact my pay stubs show I made $820less so far this year compared to last year because of the availability of overtime. I don't see how any calculations can be made factoring in undetermined hours of work. The base wages is a secure and pridictable source for determining the plan base. This is what our attorney used.
        This is something I'm trying to read on since we have more income in 6 month look back because of OT. This is never a guarentee and in the last month my husband has not had any. My paychecks never change always the same. If they base our on the OT we might be pushed into a 13 compared to a 7 if they don't. Best of luck to you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X