No announcement yet.

Appointment Made to Sign...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agree with sunshinepa. Is the attorney close enough to drive and visit in person? Shoot, I would be sitting on the doorstep in the morning if it were me. Bombard him and his office, he absolutely needs to do his job.

My attorney was great pre-341, now that I'm done with that and my case has been declared no asset, he has gotten turtle pace slow....but he finally filed my education certificate, so my fingers are crossed that I am done with him in about 43 days, but who's counting....
    Chapter 7 Filed: 04/21/2011, 341 Meeting: 05/31/2011, Report of No Distrubution: 06/02/2011, Discharged: 08/03/2011, Closed: 08/10/11

Comment

Attorney just called back - I explained that I didn't have all paperwork ready - asked a question or two - very abrupt. Told me not to spend money on a appraisal for the house - told me to call for an appointment when I have all taxes done. I have a very weird feeling - I haven't done any of the schedules that everyone says you have to fill out - he never gave me anything like for creditors etc. Am I nuts? He is also a trustee so I know he knows what he is doing but Damn, give me credit for asking questions - when the hell do I give him the list of creditors and household furnishings etc?

Comment

i had many small accounts and cards to list and it took me a long time to gather and organize those and compare them to my 3 credit reports to get proper addresses and figure out who they had been sold too etc.. after that it took several reviews and talks with paralegal and attorney. he would make a change, or ask a question or request something else, i would do it, and they would review again. that is why it took so long.

Comment

Originally posted by daxtell View Post
          i had many small accounts and cards to list and it took me a long time to gather and organize those and compare them to my 3 credit reports to get proper addresses and figure out who they had been sold too etc.. after that it took several reviews and talks with paralegal and attorney. he would make a change, or ask a question or request something else, i would do it, and they would review again. that is why it took so long.
          Sounds more like what happened to me, too. It took about 4 months from my "free meeting" until filing. There was just so much stuff to check. Then because I have a small business, it was almost like everything is doubled. For example, not only did I have personal bank accounts, then I also had busines bank accounts.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X