household inventory sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

household inventory sheet

Before filing, my attorney gave me a sheet regarding household inventory. It shows stuff like in the living room, ex couch, chairs,etc. bedroom#1 bed, desk, lamp, etc and for each item what the value is? Does anyone know how to fill one out? I don't how to come up with the value of the items because I don't know how much it's worth? Will I be able to keep all my stuff and will the trustee look at this during the 341 meeting?

just fill it out with what you think it what you would be willing to pay for it off eBay or at a yard sale. And just be honest, don't try to hide anything. The only expensive thing I had in my house was an $1800 flat screen tv the rest i just guesstimated and there wasn't a problem at all. Also, if you are in a 13, just remember that if the property you own is above the exemptions that just means you have to at least pay that back to the unsecured debtors, it doesn't mean that they come and take it away.

Comment

Couch $25
      Chair $15
      Bed $50
      TV $100
      Computer $100
      Etc, etc....

Honestly if you tried to sell this stuff on Craig's list that is about all you'd get. I didn't include things like my printer or lamps or stuff like that. Kitchen and bathroom household items I valued at $200 for all and lumped it all together like that. Unless you have some high end antique furniture it is basically worth garage sale prices. I'm not even sure I could sell any of my stuff because even though it is in excellent condition I smoke in my house. Non-smokers would never buy my things.
      Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Ok, my last post put me at 666 and I just couldn't let that be...I'm supersticious.
        Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

lol. I bought something with 2 other guys once as a partnership, and when we bought it we split the cost between the three of us and the price was 666.66666(repeating)... was just wrong. (sorry didn't mean to hijack the OP)

Comment

Go around to a few yard sales and get a feel for the pricing of things. Ask yourself if you would pay that price for it. Usually you can negotiate the price downward. Use those as your guideline. Also use categories, such as 'Assorted pots and pans', 'Miscellaneous DVDs'--that sort of thing. Electronics take a huge drop in value once you get them home. I cannot tell you how many used TVs, microwaves, computers, etc., I have seen put out on the side of the road. Many times these work just fine; the person decided to upgrade to a bigger, better model, and there was no trade in value for the used item.

We all tend to think our stuff is worth a lot more than it really is. That is because we paid full retail price--and inflated prices at that!

Good luck to you!
            Last edited by AngelinaCat; 01-09-2012, 06:44 AM.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X