What does this mean EXACTLY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this mean EXACTLY?

Period of payments: 60 months or until 0.00% is paid on allowed unsecured claims.

I have taxes and secureds. Does this mean that if the taxes and secureds are paid off earlier than the 60 months, that I can be discharged - or do I continue and some goes to unsecureds?
    TIA!

If there is still time left after the secured/priority creditors are paid 100%, then yes, you continue to pay the unsecured creditors. But, if it takes you the entire 60 months to pay off secured/priority creditors then unsecured get nothing and all the debt is discharged.

Comment

Originally posted by mdl View Post
      Period of payments: 60 months or until 0.00% is paid on allowed unsecured claims.

I have taxes and secureds. Does this mean that if the taxes and secureds are paid off earlier than the 60 months, that I can be discharged - or do I continue and some goes to unsecureds?
      TIA!
      That sure is awkward sounding. Zero percent to allowed unsecured????? Only a lawyer could write this stuff. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X