1.5 years in 13 , question about a purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.5 years in 13 , question about a purchase

Ok, so I am at my 1.5 year, so got 3.5 to go, what will happend or can I purshase a Jetski from my neighbor that is moving, it's a 200 item so I will just buy it cash, can I even purshase this? Will there be any issues?

Thanks
    Filed - 12.29.10
    341 - 2.10.11
    Discharged 4.2.16

You can purchase john boats, scooters, and hang gliders but no jet skis

I seriously doubt jet skis for 200 would be a problem. But when in doubt ask your attorney if you have one.

I have seen several 13ners on this board including myself that bought cars for a lot more in cash.

The only problem I could foresee is if the 200 would cause you to be late on a 13 payment but I bet you are smarter than that.
    Chapter 13ner

Comment

Chapter 13 trustees are not evil trolls that keep an eye on every purchase you make. No one is going to know you bought an item for $200 unless you tell them.

Comment

No issue. Basically, after your chapter 13 plan is confirmed, you live your life however you wish. Some districts require submission of tax returns, and other don't.

The only other over site would be if you wanted to incur new debt. Now, if you were going to buy brand-spank'en-new jet skis, a pair, for $14,000 and wanted to finance the purchase, that would be a problem.

Comment

Sold a 1991 Chevy truck for $800 cause it wouldn't pass WV inspection and purchased a 1996 Ford truck for $900. Like previously said keeping the purchase price within your budget and not trying to finance anything will keep you under the radar. I am seriously looking into purchasing a used motorcycle (cash of course) to save on gas this summer. Really miss the new one I surrendered nearly 3 years ago.
          Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Just heard back from my attorney - you can purchase the Jet Ski without a problem as long as its cash and your not going to financing it.

So good to go, my project begins today... Thanks all
            Filed - 12.29.10
            341 - 2.10.11
            Discharged 4.2.16

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X