top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

usbank mortgage - wont' let me pay online due to bk???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

usbank mortgage - wont' let me pay online due to bk???

our 1st mortgage is with US bank, and we recently got a mod to 2% : )

however, when i try to pay the mortgage online with usbank (we have saving / checking wtih them also) i was told that i cannot due to the bk.

is this a normal thing?

funny cuz i can still make the mortgage account a "payee" and send it that way.
    but i just can't pay it directly.

the email says
    --------------------
    Unfortunately, you do not have the option to make a payment online, due to
    Bankruptcy. Please note that you do still have payment options. The
    payment, referencing the U.S. Bank Home Mortgage account number, can be
    mailed to:

I don't know about a mortgage but I'm assuming it's the same as my car payment with Toyota Financial. Once I filed for bankruptcy they sent a letter stating I could no longer make payments online and then provided legal wording as to why and where to mail my payment. It's a pain for sure!! I would call them if I were you and ask where to pay it.

Comment

Yes, it's typical for most mortgage and auto accounts. Usually you can pay over the phone at no charge or mail in a check/money order.
      CH13 - filed 30 JUL 09, $1521 @ 60 mos (100% payback)
      Done!!! - 01 Jul 2014 I'm free!! Discharged 9/23/14!

Comment

As you have noticed, you can pay them, however you must pursue them in order to do so, for they will not pursue you. Perhaps if they allowed customers/debtors on line access, it could be considered "an attempt to collect a debt" in violation of the bk code?
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Set up bill pay through your checking account. This happened to me over 5 years ago and I still pay them this way post discharge.

Comment

We were also locked out of the US Bank website, but only for a time. We always paid through our banking program anyway and have not attempted to pay using their website. We were completely locked out of the website until we were about 6 ch 13 payments into the plan.

Did you get 2% for 5 years and then the loan changes?
            11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

yes, i did get 2% over 5 yrs, then 3% for 1 year, then 3.875% for the rest of them.
              i believe this was the HOPE thing the government was pushing.

as for now, i just pay them via usbank's bill pay, i suppose that will do for now : )

thanks for all the help!

Comment

Originally posted by itlm062 View Post
                yes, i did get 2% over 5 yrs, then 3% for 1 year, then 3.875% for the rest of them.
                i believe this was the HOPE thing the government was pushing.

as for now, i just pay them via usbank's bill pay, i suppose that will do for now : )

thanks for all the help!
                Congrats on a very good modification, in my opinion. US Bank did good for me too. No reduction in principle, but I am satisfied.
                11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Our mortgage company (Bank of America) did the same thing. When I asked why they told me that their online payment costumer sometimes get offers for credit or see advertisements for HOA & other lines of credit. Because of that they said BK customers can't view their account or pay online! I use our checking account bill-pay feature and pay them electronically that way and have been for 5 years. I don't like sending a paper check cause it can get lost or arrive early or late!
                  Filed Chapter 13 - 7/10/07 - 5 year plan with 2 cars and 10% unsecured payback,
                  Last Payment 7/12, DISCHARGED 11/26/12 CLOSED 12/18/12

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X