Want to shout from the roof top!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to shout from the roof top!

So in a previous post I told of our refunds being intercepted by Child Services on back pay that we will already be paid back through plan. To top it off hubby is still unemployed...
    Fast forward to today and I find out I got a 21k promotion with a 12k bonus and 1200 shares in stock!!!!! Holy smokes!! I about fainted. So this came about because my boss told upper mgt I was under paid and they needed to reevaluate retention within our group..I had mentioned I was exspanding my career options...I knew I was getting something (speculated 8k tops) but actually got the promotion to next pay grade that gives bonuses and stock!!!! Now I just hope we can keep the bonus. Not too worried about the raise since we are still a few grand under out gross combined prior to hubby's lay off. I am soooo happy!!!!
    Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
    341 10/7/10
    Confirmed 11/7/10

Very nice! Congratulations! You wouldn't have gotten this unless it was deserved!
    Filed Chapter 7: Feb. 9, 2012
    341 Meeting: March 14, 2012
    Discharged & Closed: May 21, 2012

Comment

So glad for you tammy.....rooftops????? Is that all.
      Where are the airplane banners.?? Yippee!!!!! Send in the band.
      filed: 8/10 ...341:10/8/10 ... Discharged & Close: 12/9/10
      "Nothing is easy to the unwilling" Thomas Fuller

Comment

Congrats! I just made my last payment on my ch13 May 1st and today I saw in my personnel file that I was selected for promotion making about
        $1-2K more a month effective 5/19. I won't get my first pay with the new amount till 4 Jun so there really won't be a need to disclose additional income. I kept being dangled a carrot for this promotion during my BK and it waited until I was done....!
        CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
        Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

Oh, Tammy!! Yay!!!! Turns out the nice guys do win sometimes!! Congrats!!
          ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
          Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Congrats!! That's awesome and well deserved!

Comment

Originally posted by Billssuck View Post
              Congrats! I just made my last payment on my ch13 May 1st and today I saw in my personnel file that I was selected for promotion making about
              $1-2K more a month effective 5/19. I won't get my first pay with the new amount till 4 Jun so there really won't be a need to disclose additional income. I kept being dangled a carrot for this promotion during my BK and it waited until I was done....!
              Congrats back to you too!
              Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
              341 10/7/10
              Confirmed 11/7/10

Comment

So it has gotten even better! Hubby started a new job this week that will eventually pay what he was making before! He will be in training for 3 months that will pay similar to unemployment but we are so excited! His first tier unemployment actually ran out this week so it came at the perfect time. Things are so turning in the right direction. :-)
                Filed CH13/5yr 7/29/10
                341 10/7/10
                Confirmed 11/7/10

Comment

Hey girlfriend kick some of that good luck this way
                  Congrats on all the GREAT news... very happy for you, it shows there is always hope

Keep On Smilin'

Comment

Doing a happy dance for you guys!!!

Comment

Congratulations!!
                      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Great News!!!

Comment

That's wonderful! It's nice to see that people can and DO bounce back from bankruptcy. Now don't go spending all that extra money. Pretend the raise was only the 8k you thought you were getting and put the rest in savings. Now that your hubby is working again it should be easier. Congrats!
                          Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

Just a question about the promotion for Tammy. True, it is happy news after dark times. Is Tammy still in a BK. A Ch 13? 5 year. If yes, wouldn't the Trustee want to change the amounts being paid out to unsecured debt or to a mortgage cram down, if there was one. How do they view an increase in income after you have filed. At any point, 2, 3 or 5 yrs later, before it is discharged or closed out. Can they change what you pay based on increase in income or if you win money or a prize?

I am at the pre BK point. Trying to figure it all out and what way to go. How will I live with a Ch 13 and the 5 yr plan. I am questioning the validity of hope for a cram down on rental property, that we put alot of money into over the years.

Comment

I don't know Tammy's situation but yes, they can change your payments based on your current DMI if there is a large change. I'm in a 3 year C13. I don't think they can change me to a 5 year if my circumstances change but they can increase the amount I pay each month.
                              Filed 11/17/11 Chapter 13, 341 meeting 12/21/11. Plan confirmed 1/19/12 - DISCHARGED 12/16/15

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X