Can you buy a home right after 13 discharge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you buy a home right after 13 discharge

I was wondering if anyone has experience buying home right after discharge. I will be in a position to pay immediately as loan payment will be same as rent that I am paying now and will be able to have 3.5% down payment for loan from bonus payment that I am allowed to keep from 13. are there any banks that will work with 13 customers, I will have two very small car loans that I have paid during most of 13 and will be paid off soon as well so feel comfortable being able to get a mortgage, we have learned to buy everything with cash from now on except a home. Any help would be appreciated.

From what I understand (and I am not an attorney or Realtor or mortgage broker), you can get a mortgage *during* a 13 (with Trustee approval) or 2 years following a 13. Both types of mortgages have minimum score requirements as well as other qualifying.

Good luck!!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

Technically yes, but good luck finding anyone willing to do it.

Comment

Another question, if your home was added in middle of 13 and foreclosed is there a timeline to wait after foreclosure as well before any loan can be approved. I have read many sites and they all seem to have a diffeernt answers.

Comment

Yes, 3 years from foreclosure, regardless of BK.

Comment

What about a non conforming mortgage, does 3 year rule apply there as well.

Comment

Depends what you mean by a non-conforming.

The thing is, no one is doing non-conforming mortgages (or at least, it is rare). If you are getting a mortgage from any bank, mortgage lender, or credit union, it will be 3 years.

The only options around that are owner financing, hard money, or land contract.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X