can you be late on the payment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can you be late on the payment?

My payment is 1000.00 per month, due at the end of every month.
    My problem is next week, I will have 800.00 and will be 200 short. I am starting a new job in 2 weeks, that will double my income each month. I do not know what to do. This has put more stress on me and my wife then anything. We are afraid that if we are late on the payment, we will lose our house. We filed in Dec. 2005, and have not missed a single payment ever. Please, someone tell me what I can do. Thanks.

Call your Atty. He can talk to the Trustee and let them know. It can be worked around, you just have to call them and be honest.
    Filed- 4/7/2006
    341- 5/24 /06
    Payments $110.00 a month for 36 months

Comment

walk softly here if you have to be late on it notify them I filed ch 13 back in 1997 made payment for about a year on time then hubby lost job and we tried to just pay what we could without contacting anyone and van was repoed very quickly later we were told that had we notified them with our intentions everything would have been ok
      filed 2/6/2006:aggress:

last day for objections 5/12/2006:yes2:

discharged 5/25/2006:yahoo: :clapping:

closed 5/25/2006 :yahoo: :yahoo: :angel: :clapping:

Comment

Yep!

Call your attny. If you filed Pro Se, call the Trustee's office directly.

Also, about your new job,..........

Wait a few months, 2-3, before filing your new income and expenses Schedules with the Court. That will give you an opportunity to see what your new expenses will be. Even tho the income "sounds" double, it may cost more for gas to get there. You may need to buy some new clothes to dress nicer. Benefits may cost more. That type of thing. See what your new expenses compared to your new income are gonna be. Then file your new income to expenses Schedules with the Court when you have a good handle on what your new disposable income is gonna be.
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by IRISHMAN642002
          My problem is next week, I will have 800.00 and will be 200 short. I am starting a new job in 2 weeks, that will double my income each month. I do not know what to do. This has put more stress on me and my wife then anything. We are afraid that if we are late on the payment, we will lose our house. We filed in Dec. 2005, and have not missed a single payment ever. Please, someone tell me what I can do. Thanks.
          Is there anything else you can be late on besides the payment to the trustee to come up with 200 bucks? Maybe borrow the money or something from a friend or relative? The trustee may or may not work with you. This one is tough, you really don't want to call the trustee and tell him your changing jobs that will double your income (just yet anyways...SF states some of the reason why).
          Chapter 13 Filed 4/03/06 :blink: 341 Meeting Complete 5/11/06 :yes2:
          Plan Confirmation 6/16/06 :yahoo:
          Discharged: 1/5/2010 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

we filed in Dec. 2004, not 2005. I see on the bk data that my payments to my creditors are always between the 9th and 15th of every month. Still don't know what to do. In a bind. help.

Comment

we filed in Dec. 2004, not 2005. I see on the bk data that my payments to my creditors are always between the 9th and 15th of every month. Still don't know what to do. In a bind. help.
              The best thing you can do is call the attorney, or your trustee, and explain the temporary loss of income, explain the new job starts in 2 weeks, you have $800 bucks to pay this month, and will make a $1200 payment next month to catch up. If this is your first request for this in the 17 or 18 months you have been paying the trustee, it probably won't be much of a concern as long as you live up to making it good when you tell the trustee you will make it good.

You will need a good reason for it and might have to prove why you don't have the money. With that said, The trustee has a interest in making your plan succeed,

Comment

I can have the 200.00 in a couple of weeks. I thought about putting the 200.00 cashiers ck in box outside of the BK office. We are not allowed to give them inside the office anymore. I have had more stress over this, than filing the BK. It has ruined my entire memorial weekend. Feel like doing myself in and letting the family take the insurance money. I might be able to have 900.00 on the cashiers ck instead of 800. Going to pawn shops on Tuesday and try to sell family rings or something.

Originally posted by aa06a47
                The best thing you can do is call the attorney, or your trustee, and explain the temporary loss of income, explain the new job starts in 2 weeks, you have $800 bucks to pay this month, and will make a $1200 payment next month to catch up. If this is your first request for this in the 17 or 18 months you have been paying the trustee, it probably won't be much of a concern as long as you live up to making it good when you tell the trustee you will make it good.

You will need a good reason for it and might have to prove why you don't have the money. With that said, The trustee has a interest in making your plan succeed,

Comment

You should contact the clerks office they will work with you, very well they have done so faithfully with me to make sure my ends needs are met first and if you decide thats too much they will bring it down until you are more stable on your new jobs. It will work out for you. :

Comment

Is it possible for a person under bankruptcy to get any loan beside quick cash t

Comment

Originally posted by Reese5
                      Is it possible for a person under bankruptcy to get any loan beside quick cash t
                      Not recommended in a Chapter 13. The trustee must approve it, and if it is greater than 2500, the judge has to approve it (at least in my state)

Comment

I agree with the others in that you should pay as much as you possible can, explain the temporary shortfall, and make it up as quickly as possible.
                        I called when ours was going to be a little late, and they were very nice about it and it was no problem at all.

Comment

Meeting with my attorney at 1100. Pray for me that things go right. Out of options, today is daughter's 16th birthday, so maybe I will be lucky today.

Comment

Good Luck. Don't freak out too bad, all of this too shall pass. It will work out. As long as you contact your attorney or the clerk, they will help you. Be strong for your family. If they see you freaking out, they will freak out too.

There are times I feel like falling apart, trying to live under a Chapter 13. But I always try to be strong for my family. If I have to fall apart, I do it somewhere else.

You'll feel 100% better after talking to your attorney. They may even let you skip this payment and just tack it onto the end of the BK.
                            Date Filed: 12/19/2004
                            341 Meeting: 2/8/2005
                            Date Case Confirmed: 7/12/2005
                            Closed on Refinance/Chapter 13 Buyout 8/23/06

Comment

Talked to my attorney, and he said that he will tell the bk trustee to add it on at the end of the bk. What a releif I felt when I walked out of his office. Been a wild week. I wished I had talk to him before memorial weekend. Life goes on. Thanks for this board and everyone that is on it. Best wishes.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X