Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Confirmed!

Filed on October 3rd.

Meeting of Creditors was on November 6th. The only issue there was we didnt have my 2011 tax forms - I filed late - just before that date. Once I provided copies the objection was lifted and plan confirmed.

I am feeling so much better about life in general. I am in a 100% plan, and the payment is manageable. Already hit my payroll 3 weks after my court date. It is nice not being behind on anything and not worrying about phone calls, etc.

Now I am just waiting until Feb 6 to see what claims are filed. We did a stair step payment plan based on known decrease in child care expenses. And due to the nature of my debt - alot of payday places - and only a few have filed claims so far, we are hopeful that I will actually be able to complete the plan before the increased payments would kick in.

I am enjoying the Holidays--we arent going crazy--just buying for the kids and told our family to do the same..it is sure a load off..

Thanks for all the advice and words of wisdom..

Congrats on getting confirmed. What a great Christmas present for you. Enjoy the upcoming holidays!

Comment

Congrats! Are stairstep programs normal based on decreasing childcare expense?
      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

I'm not sure how normal. It made sense for me. And since I'm in a 100% plan it seems that the trustee and judge didn't scrutinize the payment schedule as much Very simply, although my payments will go up, my disposable income *should* stay relatively steady after the plan payments. And the payments dont increase until about a year after my childcare expense starts to decline. I have a 3 and 1 year old. So, starting when she's in kindergarten, my expenses start to go down annually. I currently pay over $1200 a month for daycare. By the time 60 months is up that should be down to anywhere between $0 and $300.

Comment

congrats on getting confirmed

Holy crap! $1200 in childcare?! OUCH!

Comment

That is actually cheap for the area. 2 kids in full time daycare. That is the same as my mortgage payment. It's actually $320 a week..$1386 a month.

Comment

It was a challenge for me too and in middle school its down to 250.00 month. High school next year and they will be on their own! Scarey
              Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X