Whew. It's over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whew. It's over.

Our last payment was in August (it was actually refunded later) and we received notification of final closing done this week. No skipped payments or modifications.

We made it through with a job loss/8 months of unemployment midway through and the car dying at the end.

Budget, budget budget. We actually were able to take a few vacations and save money.

Checked our FICO and was shocked that it was in the high 600's already. I think it helped that we were current on all of our "minimum" monthly payments right up until we filed. We ended up filing because I was sick and unable to work for a year and a half (too sick to work, not quite enough to get disability).

The credit report cleanup is next on our to do list. We did get a low limit card with 0% apr that we will be using for our utility bill and then paying it off.

Whew. Whew. Whew.
    Filed 07/07, $120k unsecured debt
    Plan: $400 (includes cram down) 60 months
    Brilliant attorney, decent trustee, awesome plan

Wonderful news

Comment

Congrats!!! Budget - I gotta get better at that!
      Discharge date: October 2017 (will it ever get here?)

Comment

I'm so happy for you! I was just looking at mine and got jazzed that I only have about a year remaining on mine. Time sure has flown! I already did my credit report cleanup. NONE of my creditors are even reporting anymore, because I was meanernsh!t about it, too lol. Or they were clueless about how to report correctly after I got up in their cases about it, and so just deleted to be safe lol.

Comment

Woo hoo!

Comment

great job!

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Good for you. Congrats.
                11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

congrats!

Comment

Wonderful news--time to relax.
                      Plan Completed 10 months early 09/24/2014 Discharged 11/04/2014

Filed Ch 13 Aug. 2012 341 Meeting 09/12/2012 Confirmed 10/23/2012

Comment

Congrats & Happy Fresh Start!
                        ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
                        Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X